Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy birthday DWD!

Wink Happy birthday DWD!

DWD is 15 today! This is post I've put on FB..

So today is www.dealingwithdepression.co.uk 's 15th birthday. It's a weird feeling - knowing that something that started with a friend and with me talking to people whilst sitting on my sofa has reached so many people and is still running 15 years later.

I'm not perfect and I've made mistakes, but I am so proud of what we do. I'm very privileged to be able to have brilliant teams throughout the 15 years, many of whom may not be active members anymore, but have remained firm friends. These are people who know some of my deepest thoughts, hopes and fears and I know theirs.

It's amazingly cathartic talking to people without having to explain every minute thing because they "get it." That's such a powerful thing. To know that you aren't being judged, that no one cares if you've had a shower today or yesterday, or that your house is in a bit of a mess, or if you're still wearing the same PJs you were 2 days ago.... That we just care and want to be there to help support you.

It sounds a bit trite to say that everyone comes to talk or just sit and read, but they keep coming back for the community, the fact that we do generally care about each and every member. It's been the same from day one.....

DWD, I'm proud to say, has been free for everyone all over the world and will remain so. We don't charge you for membership, we don't advocate harming as a coping strategy - we accept it happens, but we will try to help you find other strategies that might help instead. You will find hope, friendship and support.....

To all the past, present and future members, team members and followers of this page, I just want to say "thank you." You've given me such friendship, support, advice and kicked my a*se when I've needed it. I can't thank you enough for the last 15 years and for all the ones still to come.

I also need to thank my wonderful husband and our children who understand how important I think what we do is and for their unwavering support - especially the "just give me a minute"s that they've been dealing with...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Suzi xx

Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (21-01-22),Jaquaia (17-01-22),Paula (17-01-22)

Happy birthday dwd!!!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (17-01-22)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Happy birthday DWD.
    I will forever be thankful for finding my way here
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (17-01-22),Stella180 (17-01-22),Suzi (17-01-22)

I will forever be thankful that I've had the chance to meet you all!

Happy birthday DWD.
    Finding you has been life changing. Thank you.xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Paula (17-01-22)

You're very welcome!

After I sent you my message I read the others on FB. Considering there was no conferring we all seem to agree that DWD has impacted us greatly and we’re all better off for being here, and that is only possible thanks to you Suzi.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (17-01-22),Suzi (18-01-22)

Thank you, but it's down to you guys too. If I was the only one here then I'd have not continued and carried on doing this... So DWD wouldn't be possible without you guys!

DWD has been up and running 15 years my doesn't time fly can't recall when I first found DWD a quick reveals it was Nov 2015 wow soooo loooonnnnggggg ago
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

It's been a pleasure having you regularly posting. I always miss it when you don't!