Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: So low. Don't know what to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I've had brain zaps with other medication, I agree not fun...

Is this the psych next week? Maybe go with an open mind and a timeline of what you've had and when with side effects - both positive and negative...

Hiya, thanks for the input as ever!

Yes, seeing the Psych on Monday. Of course ill go in with an open mind, really just need a med review and a referral for rTMS. I'm also beginning to think I may have an undigan9se personality disorder I will talk to him about.

I had a nose surgery yesterday and was so super anxious I nearly didn’t go through with it. Not anxious about the surgery particularly, just this flare up of generalised anxiety. I'm truly hoping it's a paradoxical effect of the Vortioxetine. There are expensive genetic tests one can have that determines what may be effective for an individual instead of going through the merry go round of trial and error. Im half tempted to take a loan to pay for it. You can only really get through 4 meds a year and asses them max, and if they're all duff you've potentially suffered for a year needlessly.

Done tons of mindfulness online meditations as well. I'm convinced it's a brain chemical/neuropathophysiological pathway issue.

Thanks

Love always

Sweetheart, can I ask why you are sure that you want alternative options like the rTMS, when it'll be the first time you meet them? What kind of personality disorder do you feel you have? Where have you got this thought from?
    What was the nose surgery? Are you OK?
    Genetic testing is expensive, and not always that accurate, could it not be more pertinent to go and speak to your consultant first?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (16-09-22)

My cousin was diagnosed 2 years ago with bowel cancer, with secondaries on his liver and elsewhere. He was given 2 years max. He had genetic testing and he was told he definitely had something called Lynch Syndrome, it was genetic and there was a 50% chance each of his 4 kids could have inherited it - and that the whole family would have to be tested. Cue massive breakdown throughout all of my family. Anyway, he was tested again and he doesn’t have Lynch Syndrome. Genetic testing is not foolproof, love. Oh, and he has received cutting edge treatment, and is in remission. Sometimes, the try it and see is truly the only and best option.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (16-09-22),Suzi (16-09-22)

Sweetheart, can I ask why you are sure that you want alternative options like the rTMS, when it'll be the first time you meet them? What kind of personality disorder do you feel you have? Where have you got this thought from?
    Genetic testing is expensive, and not always that accurate, could it not be more pertinent to go and speak to your consultant first?
    Hi Auzi,

Thanks for the sage input as ever.

I saw a private NHS consultant in February/March. He's an advocate of alternative treatments. Some people are pretty resistant to meds and psychotherapy. He had an rTMS machine in his office, demonstrated it to me and said it has about 60% success rate fir improvement. Even used it on my arm muscles. It's about £2k privately but is little known on the NHS, he recommended it to my NHS Dr who I'll see on Monday. Technology is approved by NICE and about 35 years old.

As you know when one is desperate one will try anything. Better than ECT for sure. He slso recommended the pharmacogenetics test. Not available on NHS but about £2k. It analyses metabolic features of an individual vs certain med pharmacodynamics.
    Thanks, yes fine from the nose surgery. I have bad sleep apnoea and can't use cpap. That can also cause depression. One more surgery on tonsils/tongue to go. Thanks for asking.

Just a bit stuffy but airway seems greatly improved.

Peace and love.

Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    My cousin was diagnosed 2 years ago with bowel cancer, with secondaries on his liver and elsewhere. He was given 2 years max. He had genetic testing and he was told he definitely had something called Lynch Syndrome, it was genetic and there was a 50% chance each of his 4 kids could have inherited it - and that the whole family would have to be tested. Cue massive breakdown throughout all of my family. Anyway, he was tested again and he doesn’t have Lynch Syndrome. Genetic testing is not foolproof, love. Oh, and he has received cutting edge treatment, and is in remission. Sometimes, the try it and see is truly the only and best option.
    Thanks for the input. What a trauma. So glad he didn’t have what they thought he did have. It's true genetic testing is an emerging diagnostic methodology. I'ts 100% accurate for some things, luke hemophillia, other conditions are far more complex with multi genes.

Glad he got a negative.

Xx

Apologies Suzi, let me try again!

Small font on small screen and fat fingers!

A private and NHS consultant. I saw him privately.

The personality disorder I'm thinky pf is Avoidant Personality Disorder. As you know, most people with PDs aren't aware of it, but I came across the symptoms while reading about those issues and it describes me to a tee. Of course, I'm no expert but will mention it on Monday. Most people ate in denial or never realise they have a PD and treatment is limited from what I've read but understanding what may be pertinent to oneself may provide some reasoning. I'm not jumping the gun though, just a thought..

I think you've done lots of research, maybe go with a list of things you want to talk about and see what they say.
    So is this a completely different psych?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (20-09-22)

I think you've done lots of research, maybe go with a list of things you want to talk about and see what they say.
    So is this a completely different psych?
    Hi,

Yes, this is a new Paych.

I was supposed to see him today after a 5 month wait. I got to the clinic and no-one was there. It was shut, I assume for the Queen's funeral. No-one informed me or rang me. I'm pretty miffed about that. I changed quite a few plans to attend it.

I'm now completely off my vortioxetine, only have some emergency diazepam. My anxiety is coming in waves. I was ok for a few hrs today, no It's high again.I feel crap.

Here's a link to reviews for th rTMS

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www...e.co.uk?page=2

A link to the genetic testing.

https://genesight.com/

I hope everyone is ok.

Love

Im sorry you didn’t have your appointment. Hunni, my concern is that you don’t seem to give any AD sufficient time to really help you before you’re moving on to another. AD’s are not a quick fix - in fact quick fixes in mental ill health are like hen’s teeth. If the psych is unwilling to refer you for this treatment, would you be prepared to accept their opinion?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (20-09-22)

I am aware of rTMS and genetic testing.. I'm just concerned that you're posting all of your hope on this.
    Are you changing meds under your GP/care team advice and supervision?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (20-09-22)