Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: So low. Don't know what to do...

Hunni, you've been saying that you will leave if she starts so many times. I know she's your sister, but there has to come a point where you put you first.
    Why don't you check in a bit more often? You might find it really helps to keep talking and to also talk through options of what happens with her etc...

Are you stopping the vort under the supervision of a Dr? How long were you on it for?

None of these options are going to make you feel better overnight, or in a months time. You have to use all of it for a sustained period of time. You didn't get this poorly overnight, so it's going to take time and self care, support, right therapy options etc to get you feeling brighter.....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I was put on vortioxetine at the tail end of last year and, while it helped my mood, it made me really, really anxious. My psychiatrist told me that was a common side effect but encouraged me to stay on it. It took a while, but the anxiety did eventually pass
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (11-09-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hunni, you've been saying that you will leave if she starts so many times. I know she's your sister, but there has to come a point where you put you first.
    Why don't you check in a bit more often? You might find it really helps to keep talking and to also talk through options of what happens with her etc...

Are you stopping the vort under the supervision of a Dr? How long were you on it for?

None of these options are going to make you feel better overnight, or in a months time. You have to use all of it for a sustained period of time. You didn't get this poorly overnight, so it's going to take time and self care, support, right therapy options etc to get you feeling brighter.....
    Hey Suzi. I agree and have been saying that sbout her for months. Then in March I told her and cut her off for 4 months. We then went to 4 sporting events in 6 werks as ahe was fine at 2.5 of them. I've only got one future arrangement with her for the end of the month. This is the first time after O told her about getting up and leaving, so we'll see. I hear you and agree.

I told the gp I was coming off of the Vortioxetine a week ago. My anxiety is through the roof. I started it 3 months ago. Double dose about 2 months ago and am back down to 5mg. I may go back to Escitalopram when I sed tge Dr next werk or possibly try Duloxetine.

I'm exhausted with trying things that don't work, whats the point.

I'm having one cider to calm me down a bit. I have no ant anxiety meds except propanolol, which don't d9 much.

Thanks for the connection...
    I will check in more
    Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I was put on vortioxetine at the tail end of last year and, while it helped my mood, it made me really, really anxious. My psychiatrist told me that was a common side effect but encouraged me to stay on it. It took a while, but the anxiety did eventually pass
    Thanks for the top Paula, I just cannot tolerate it anymore its had a negative effect on both mood and anxiety in all honesty. I have Venlafaxine on hand but I had a bad anxiety episode on 150mg of that in June, hence the change.

Xx
    Last edited by Paula; 11-09-22 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Double posted. Please try not to double post in quick succession

I’ve merged your posts, love. Please try not to double post.

Which dr will you be seeing next week?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Please be really careful about swapping meds as quickly as you have been - yes I know it feels like a long time. But most anti ds take at least 4 weeks to get into your system. Then every change - upping or dropping - takes around the same time to have an impact. So although you've been on them for what feels like a long time, you actually haven't been able to give them a decent time for each change to have an effect..
    Also, please, please, please don't change any more meds until you are able to speak everything through with your Dr...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (12-09-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I’ve merged your posts, love. Please try not to double post.

Which dr will you be seeing next week?
    I forgot the 10 min rule, is that the double post rule? Just for clarification thats what you mean Paula?

I'm seeing, after 5 month wait, an NHS Psychiatrist. I need to to get the referral for rTMS and other things.

My anxiety was totally unbelievable last night for about 5 hrs. I couldn't even concentrate on a single thought, it was like I had brain damage.

It then subsided somewhat after I took 5mg vortioxetine, perhaps it was a withdrawal side effect.

Thanks hun..

What about support lines? CALM? Samaritans? Etc?

What about support lines? CALM? Samaritans? Etc?
    Ive been using the Samaritans (Still not open fir f2f) SHOUT, had a convo with nice sister. Also been reading CALM site.

I also have 2 24/7 MH lines, one NHS, one private.

Thanks hun

Please be really careful about swapping meds as quickly as you have been - yes I know it feels like a long time. But most anti ds take at least 4 weeks to get into your system. Then every change - upping or dropping - takes around the same time to have an impact. So although you've been on them for what feels like a long time, you actually haven't been able to give them a decent time for each change to have an effect..
    Also, please, please, please don't change any more meds until you are able to speak everything through with your Dr...
    Hey Suzi,

Thanks for the sage input. I hear what you're saying.

I've probably been on near 14 different antidepressants over the last near on 30 years. A lot have little to no efficacy but this Vortioxetine has been the least effective and had the worst side effects I've ever experienced with possible exception to Seroxat.

I've even had serotonin syndrome twice, not fun. Ive been on the therapeutic dose for 6 weeks now tapering slowly. I simply cannot tolerate the side effects. It has a long, 66 hr, half life so should be reasonable to get off it.

Im thinking of going back on escitalopram or even duloxetine or fluoxetine but will consult with the Dr next Monday.

Anyone had the brain zap side effect coming off them? How pleasant

Thanks once more

Xx

I've had brain zaps with other medication, I agree not fun...

Is this the psych next week? Maybe go with an open mind and a timeline of what you've had and when with side effects - both positive and negative...