Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 has to be better….

Sorry you're feeling so rough lovely! Rest up, loads of liquids and be spoilt..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Grrrrr I had a letter (copy letter to my GP)from the psychiatrist a couple of days ago which I looked at properly this morning. According to that doctor, I rarely use a walking stick, I’m no longer taking pregabalin and, because of CMHT realignment, my next appointment is with a new dr, and SIX WEEKS LATER later the appointment I had made with her.

So, I’ve written back and copied my GP to correct the mistakes and suggest I might need an appointment earlier than given everything…….. I wouldn’t mind but timing is awful - what if the DWP get to hear about this, while they’re assessing my PiP???
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's ridiculous! I'm really glad that you are countering it!

I’ve been having a pity party. I’m so sick of being sick.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Still feeling rough?

Yeah. I’m improving but it’s taking longer than I expected/than it took the girls to recover. And yes, I do know that’s not a surprise but doesn’t make it any less frustrating

I understand that frustration... I wish I could make it all better instantly...

So, I’m going to try to go to Housegroup tonight. I’ve chatted with the leaders and a, putting the following in place:

I’m going to arrive early so I can choose a seat that’s slightly separate from the others
    Si is taking me, and will hang around for a little while so he can take me home if it’s too much
    I’ve asked the leaders to tell the rest of the group that I have the remnants of a heavy cold, not covid, so that I don’t get inundated with questions and concern for me

That's really sensible. Could it pay for Si to wait throughout it in case it gets too much and you can go straight home, rather than waiting for him to get to you itms?

No, that wouldn’t be fair on him and I’d just stress