Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: 2022 has to be better….

Seriously? Well at least you didn’t resort to Monopoly for family entertainment. We all know how that ends lol

It's good to have you back How's the resting and pacing going?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’ve been good today but am very aware that I’ve got studying to do. But first tomorrow I have an appointment with a jewellers to finalise my order for a new/old engagement ring! (My 20th wedding anniversary present - which was august last year )
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How did the appointment with the jewellers go?

Oh wow! The design is beautiful! I got a bit emotional……. It’ll be ready just in time for our 21st anniversary . While I was there I took at look at men’s wedding rings - I’ve asked for a quote for a men’s titanium ring, which will be a whole lot more durable than his gold one. Hopefully a surprise anniversary present for Si
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's so fabulous! Can't wait to see it!

my brain is whirring. We’ve decided we’re going to do everything in the house that needs doing, pretty much all at once. So that includes, redecorating all 3 halls and 2 flights of stairs, redecorating the master bedroom, repairing and painting the en-suite, painting the kitchen and utility rooms, new back door, boarding the loft, removing tiles in downstairs shower and en-suite and replacing with panels and splash backs, replacing the worktops in the en-suite, re-carpeting halls and 3 x bedrooms (although we may put wood floor in the master bedroom), and new flooring in the en-suite. I have spent most of the past couple of days contacting the trades, we saw the plumber this morning, and the windows people for the back door this afternoon. The carpet people are coming out tomorrow. Oh and we’re going for a test drive on Friday.

……….

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Not got much on then!
    Tęn përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Not at all…..

Erm, test drive?