Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 has to be better….

I can totally understand that... I don't think I've dealt with a lot of the trauma from the births and pnd with each of mine. I think it's quite a common thing. Maybe now you could think about trying to get some help to deal with it?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Because I’m beginning to realise I never dealt with it
    I too can relate to that. I carry a lot of guilt around over the births of my kids. We are all told to be grateful that they are healthy like that’s all that matters and we are expected to just gloss over everything else. Even now I still can’t watch things like Call the midwife or anything relating to childbirth without it bringing back memories and feelings I don’t want cos I still can’t address them. Of course everything that happened since I brought my boys into the world has only added to it.

You however have had a completely different journey and I know you don’t have the same kind of connection with Jess that you have with Katie but they are two different people and having to juggle how you deal with each is a talent in itself. You are a great mum and fab role model and yes there were traumatic experiences that you had no control over but regardless of that you still did a great job raising them both and that is amazing.

Number 3 of 3 celebrations this week for Jess’s birthday is over. She has had a great week, I think . I’m beyond exhausted but that’s partly because I was awake at 5 this morning…
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You’re only 21 once, however I’ve been celebrating my 21th for the past 27yrs.

I'm so glad she's had such a good week!
    Hope you're planning on pacing and resting this week!

I am
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Good!

Ermmmm so part chuffed and part terrified. I’ve been asked to attend a meeting to discuss being a Guest Editor for the Mind MH charity’s membership magazine…..

And, I’ve spoken to my GP this morning who’s referred me to physio with my back. Also slightly terrified about that lol

That is EPIC!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (09-05-22)

So proud of you on both counts!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (09-05-22)