Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 has to be better….

So glad you had a lovely time away and glad the the pups are good. I’m also glad to have you back.

Tomorrow, my baby is 21. I’d never admit it to her or Si but it’s actually a really bittersweet time for me. I had antenatal depression, along with a lot of physical issues and some scares, a very traumatic birth, and then severe PND for a very long time. I have the most incredible daughter that I’m so proud of and I’ve never, ever thought of any of the trauma as her fault, but I can’t help but have a part of me that dreads this day.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You dread this day? Despite all these issues you brought a beautiful little girl into this world and raised her the best the woman she is today. I know you have had your issues and that she’s a daddy’s girl but you have still had a positive influence in her life and with you as her mum and female role model she can go on to be anything she wants to be. You’ve raised two strong women and should be proud.

Part of me dreads this….
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That part needs to sit in the corner and be quiet lol

You are awesome.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Part of me dreads this….
    And it's ok to do so. Well done for acknowledging those feelings. Knowing you though, I suspect that part of you feels guilty for those feelings
    Tęn përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Erm… maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Tomorrow, my baby is 21. I’d never admit it to her or Si but it’s actually a really bittersweet time for me. I had antenatal depression, along with a lot of physical issues and some scares, a very traumatic birth, and then severe PND for a very long time. I have the most incredible daughter that I’m so proud of and I’ve never, ever thought of any of the trauma as her fault, but I can’t help but have a part of me that dreads this day.
    You got through all that and came out stronger with a wonderful daughter so raise a glass of your favourite tipple and enjoy this special day.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Paula (03-05-22)

Can I ask why you are dreading it?
    You know you're amazing.... I'm glad you're talking about it. It's so important.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Because I’m beginning to realise I never dealt with it