Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 has to be better….

Aww that's lovely!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

He’s not lying.

I’m really worried about my mum. She was in a&e last week having caught her leg on a bed and doing so much damage they had to use 8 packs of steri strips. After some nagging, she went to the surgery to have it redressed by the nurse there, but it’s not healing. It’s a huge wound
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

OMG your poor Mum! I sympathise with wounds not healing - are they dressing it with silver? If not, get them to try it as it wards off infection and helps it to heal, that and iodine again, to ward off infection..
    Is she resting it or is she "doing a Paula" and not resting and keeping pushing herself?
    Will you send her my love, I feel I've got to know her a bit since we've met and I think she's amazing.

I’ve told her about the silver - thank you, I’d forgotten it helped you. She is resting. Now. My brother and SIL were down over the weekend and she decided it’d be a good idea to walk to the beach, up and down a really steep hill. She quickly realised that was a bad idea and is being much more careful now. Particularly as they’re going on holiday in 3 weeks and she wants to be able to enjoy it. I’ve sent her your love

On another subject, housegroup is tomorrow night and, though I want to go, last time stressed me out so much I don’t think I could cope - even with the lorazepam. I might talk to them about joining over zoom
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-02-22)

Do whatever is right for you. Hope mums leg heals in time for her holiday.

Your Mum sounds so much like you!
    I hope she does rest!!

Zoom sounds like a really good option right now. Be kind to yourself - doing what you want with adjustments

I said to the pdoc yesterday that this was so frustrating. Normally my depression and anxiety are close cohorts but this time, my mood is now fine. So I’ve got the motivation to want to do stuff, but hit a brick wall of anxiety every time I try.

For instance, I really, really want to have my wedding anniversary present made. But can’t even begin to think about having a design appointment.

I’ve got a church womens weekend at the end of March, and our holiday in April. I HAVE to be better for those

Leg wounds in fact any wound can be a problem as you get older you don't heal as well hope your mum gets better soon.

Paula hope you manage to get to your church women's weekend as I know you always find those weekends helpful.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

No you don't... You WANT to be better. The more pressure you put on you the harder it's going to be...
    Do you know what things are triggering your anxiety?