Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does no one care about me? SH/AB TRIGGERS

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Don’t worry about it, lovely. You’re more than welcome to post on any thread but your comment was specifically about you and makes much more sense on your own thread - hence me moving it.

Ah, I didn't realise thank you!!

Hi Lily. Trauma therapy is really hard, takes a while to get but I've found it helpful so far..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hi Lily. Trauma therapy is really hard, takes a while to get but I've found it helpful so far..
    Seems pretty cool, I'll try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyx View Post
    Seems pretty cool, I'll try it!
    Not sure I'd ever describe it as "pretty cool", it's actually f*ing hard reliving the trauma and unpacking it in minute detail and trying to understand why that trauma has impacted every area of your life and your relationships..

Not sure I'd ever describe it as "pretty cool", it's actually f*ing hard reliving the trauma and unpacking it in minute detail and trying to understand why that trauma has impacted every area of your life and your relationships..
    Sorry, I didn't mean to type that word. Sorry if I caused you some hurtful emotions �� ��.
    It is hard, having to say what has happened to you is tough as he'll, especially when you got accused of lying because the rapist told the police that he is innocent when he isn't

I haven’t had trauma counselling, but I know from what others have talked about that it’s not a easy option. But potentially hugely beneficial. What I think, from what others have talked about (please correct me guys if I’m wrong) that it’s not so much about who is lying but much, much more about how you feel and how’s it’s impacted your life itms?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I haven’t had trauma counselling, but I know from what others have talked about that it’s not a easy option. But potentially hugely beneficial. What I think, from what others have talked about (please correct me guys if I’m wrong) that it’s not so much about who is lying but much, much more about how you feel and how’s it’s impacted your life itms?
    Yeah, the police believed me though so I got my abuser locked away!! But he my abuser said that I was lying to the police interviewing him which annoyed me!

Absolutely. It's a lot about stabilization and then unpacking very carefully and slowly....

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyx View Post
    Yeah, the police believed me though so I got my abuser locked away!! But he my abuser said that I was lying to the police interviewing him which annoyed me!
    Its great they were found guilty. That's so much more than so many get...
    Can I ask where you are from?

Absolutely. It's a lot about stabilization and then unpacking very carefully and slowly....

Its great they were found guilty. That's so much more than so many get...
    Can I ask where you are from?
    United Kingdom ����

Thanks, it just means we can give you links to organisations which could help based on where you are...