Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I've been referred to the mental health team

I've been on sertraline 3 months now and I'm actually, finally, starting to notice a difference. My head feels clearer, I'm not as tearful as I was and just generally feeling better. The thing I worry about now is that I have a MH assessment on the 10th Nov (they messed up the one I was supposed to have last week) and if I tell them how I think I'm seeing improvement in my mood now with the sertraline increase....I wouldn't want them to write me off as "being ok now" I still believe I need help to deal with past issues.

I’m so glad you’re starting to feel better! As for the assessment, tell them you need help to move on from these past issues, so that you can fully recover - that is definitely something they will need to hear to assess you properly
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Pills aren’t a cure. They simply help us to function rationally so we can find a solution and meds and talking therapy of one kind or another it a great combo is tackling the illness.

Totally agree with Paula and Stella. It's great you're feeling a bit brighter, but definitely still ask for the help...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I spoke to my Dr on the 7th Oct....at a time when I was pretty upset and worked up, so when he mentioned a referral to the mental health team, I just said yes and thought about how I wanted the help and it would be good for me to be able to talk about everything. I was supposed to have the assessment on the 25th Oct but they let me down and didn't call....even though they said they did. Now I have the assessment booked for the 10th Nov and I'm starting to think differently about it. Like I don't want to do it. I don't know if it's because I already feel pretty let down by them, I'm noticing a difference on the Sertraline now, I don't know whether to trust them as they lied about calling me or I just don't want to rock the boat and put myself in the same mindset/mood I was in before my sertraline was increased. I feel differently about being so open with them in regards to previous traumas
    I feel like I don't even know what to do for the best now....

Only you can decide what is the right course of action for you.. I've just finished a course on trauma therapy and I'm on the waiting list for 1:1 therapy, but that could take years... If you have the chance of getting some help I'd jump at it...

Had my MH assessment this afternoon and have to say it wasn't as horrendous as I was building up in my mind to be, she was actually really nice...I very briefly talked about what I needed help with, she gave me the option of talking about things but didn't push me into talking when I told her I didn't want to talk yet....I was just wanting my main issues to be recorded. I'm being referred to Healthy Minds, should hear from them within 2 weeks. I feel better for just getting started and actually talking to someone! Had to share because this is a big thing to me!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie85 For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (24-11-21)

It may be worth looking at what is available through health minds while you are waiting. You should be able to self refer to them anyway.

That's amazing! I'm so amazingly proud of you! Well done lovely.

Walker extraordinaire!
    That is so huge. Well done. I'm really pleased for you
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.