Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been referred to the mental health team

I'm feeling scared about it. I feel so anxious still. I don't know if it's something I can do. I don't know. I don't know why but I feel bad on my family if I say anything about my brothers

That's all totally "normal" love. Be honest with them, they will understand.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I feel like I'm being a silly child right now.

Walker extraordinaire!
    As with anything, the fear of the unknown can be immense. Its totally understandable.
    You dont have to answer anything you dont feel comfortable saying but at the same time, the more honest you are then they will be able to assess better how to help you etc.
    As someone who suffers with anxiety I know there is no point telling you not to stress about it but honestly I dont think you will find it as difficult as you imagine once you get started.
    Also, remember there is very little that they wont have heard before which is very sad but you wont shock them with anything you say
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Flo (23-10-21)

You aren't being a "silly child," you're scared and unsure and anxious. All those things that any of us who have been in a similar position will understand and know to be true and valid feelings.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (23-10-21)

I’ve had many assessments and I still get nervous. Generally they just ask what sort of difficulty you’re experiencing and what help you are looking for. They will do what they can to point you in the right direction. They will go through the confidentiality agreement at the start and let you know exactly where you stand. It’s no different to a regular GP appointment really. You tell them your symptoms and they suggest a possible solution. You have the final say on your treatment so if you’re not comfortable with their suggestions then say so and see if you can come up with an option that works.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Flo (23-10-21)

Thank you all. I obviously haven't cancelled it, so the assessment is still an option....I just need to stop overthinking it all, I guess

It's natural to be overthinking it all, but really, sadly, you aren't the first person they will have seen who is in your situation, they will have things in place to help and support you x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (23-10-21)

I feel so disappointed. I got myself ready and all worked up....had my notes, tissue and water at the ready for my 10.30 MH assessment this morning....comes to 11 and still not heard a thing, so I rang them and they said they had to change drs, so my appt has been moved to Thursday morning. Would of been nice for them to let me know!
    I've had a thought before though. I had 2 appts booked this week....the assessment with MH worker today and an appt with my Dr on Thurs....maybe they got mixed up and didn't put the MH appt on their planner? Because if I was speaking with MH worker and my Dr on Thurs then it would clash as my drs appt is 9.30 and assessment between 9-10.....confused now. I've emailed for clarification

Well done for calling and emailing them. It would have been so easy to just sit back and not dealt with it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.