Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly 2021

Aww, I think it's because he's wanted this so long, and him dancing with John was how he came out to his extended family! He's always so grateful for where he came from and how things were when he was growing up.... I think that's what it is with him....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Have they not had same sex couples before? Why did dancing with a man make him come out to his family? I’m missing the back story here. Why does dancing in a same sex partnership have to be reserved for gay people? I need answers lol

They had a female same sex couple last year, but they were only in a couple of weeks because they got covid. You’re right, you can dance with anyone.

Tbh, I can’t see how JoJo’s family could possibly have thought he was straight!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Were the same sex women gay? It is a bit strange to see because traditionally it’s a men taking the lead and chucking a women around the dance floor but that doesn’t have to be how it is today and the more same sex dance partners we have, regardless of sexual orientation, the more we normalise it.

The pro wasn’t (Katya) but the celeb was
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hmmm, I mean ok, I can understand why anyone might feel more comfortable with a same sex partner in the same way a person might prefer a same sex doctor or driving instructor or whatever but why hasn’t a straight celebrity said they would like a same sex dance partner and if they have why hasn’t it happened? It’s just dancing at the end of the day, sexual/romantic preferences are irrelevant so why are the only two same sex couples are with gay celebs? Is this another box they are putting people in while supposedly being more diverse cos if that’s the case it sucks. I think it’s good to have same sex couples and let’s hope it branches out a bit more then a gay thing and be more accepted across the board if you get my drift.

It’s new for Strictly and I think they’re just feeling their way around it tbh

JoJo's background is that he was the only male dancer in the dance school he went to - but it was in a really, really poor area. Everyone at the school put in money to send him to the "big" dance school where they had mirrors etc. He went to a class once a week or something and then went back and taught everyone else the moves etc.
    That's why he feels he has a massive obligation to do well, to be able to thank those who paid for him, who listened to his dream and helped him get there....

WRT his family, it was extended family apparently. He said he knew that there would be huge backlash for having 2 men dancing together - much more than 2 women, and with them both being gay it was going to ramp up that criticism. So he said he felt so much pressure to do it well... The dance he came out with was this one...

OMG Did you see Rose and Geo?????

They were incredible! Best Tango they’ve ever had on the show!