Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Reality

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Thank you, Stella. He seems to be a good man. But he is a bit disorientated yet, I think.
    The beginning is not bad and he hasn't promised nothing but romantic friendship so far.

I’m sorry, romantic friendship? What exactly does that mean?

He told me he wants to, but he is not completely ready for a serious relationship.

"Don't worry. We are currently together as good romantic friends. I hope will remain good friends anyway or pass to next stages of relationship. I don't know about the future now, but don't worry about my attitude, it will remain good anyway and you are my type."
    Last edited by Suzi; 23-10-21 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Merging posts, please try not to double post! :)

Sweetheart I have to say that some of what you are told really is total rubbish! Because someone's been in past relationships of course they have "baggage" but then so do people who haven't been in a relationship too....

Is this guy somewhere near you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

No.

But there is another one near me, divorced but with 2 children.

Sweetheart you need to try to find people who are nearer you. You have to remember that they could be just anyone behind the screen.....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (23-10-21)

That is true, but meetings mostly divorced men has become a new reality.

Selena, why are you worried about them being divorced? There are many reasons for a marriage to breakdown and it’s not always a black mark against someone’s character.

Probably because of my dad with his indiffence and irresponsibility, 2 divorces and abandoned children.

But I know that it is not right to judge.

Hunni, I am divorced from Katie’s dad. I started seeing Si when Katie was a year old, and he moved in 6 months later. We had Jess and got married. We’ve been married 20 mostly happy years. Oh, and to make things more challenging, I met Si originally because he’s my ex’s best friend.

Was it tough at times? Of course it was. Did I have to put katie first sometimes, again of course. Were there sometimes friction between Si and my ex. Never. Because we are adults, in the real world and have always worked together as (when he remarried) 2 couples wanting to do the right thing by our daughter. And that should always be the priority when any relationship involving children is concerned
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (23-10-21),Stella180 (23-10-21),Suzi (24-10-21)