Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Reality

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    No, just healthier choices of food and sensible portion choices
    Then I wonder why they consider in my case something more strict. But maybe the doctor knows better...

I’d say the doctor probably does know better. What works for one person may not work for another. If you’re not losing weight doing what you’re doing something needs to change. I’d also like to add that Jaq has also been a lot more active over that period too which will help with weight reduction.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

selena (28-09-21)

What kind of thing is your Dr suggesting?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

The doctor suggests a rather low carb diet, in a way similar to keto.

I've had friends follow that and lose lots of weight.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (29-09-21)

But the doctor said in my case the stress could have had a major impact too. So I have suceeded to an extent, but I must work more on this.

My best friend's pastor tells the members of the church how to avoid or diminish the stressv evel, especially in unpleasant interactions and pressure:" Imagine that you are being a grave." But that is so hard really.

As for my interaction with the person on video... It is so weird but while I was looking into his handsome face, I thought how much I am missing the other guy, whose nose is in fact quite sharp, although he is cute in his way (my weird sense of humour!), but who treated me better than everybody else and in whom I thought I had found my soulmate. Although I realize there is nothing now, but I would want one day someone with not lower attitude than the other guy, so attentive and intelligent, and as for now there is nobody else like him in my life.

But I don't want to idealize anybody, so I have just decided to focus on my well-being now.

Hunni, you will find the right person for you. You deserve to be treated with love and respect and not treated in such a disgusting way!

The problem is that I can say I am less emotionally depending from someone now than back.

And while these men felt really themselves with me and I boosted their confidence, they I think took advantage of my emotional fragility and spat into everything I believed.

Hi, I need your opinion on something worrying me.

In my thirties, I have often noticed that there are nice men who might like me, but a part of them are divorced and with children. In my country, it is not the best attitude towards couples single-divorced with child (ren).
    The idea is that we would never be able to have this very first thrill together, especially if the wife was guilty applying for divorce/dumped him, that this person will be forever attached to first spouse (if there was a kind of love) and that any child is a kind of past luggage destroying current happiness.
    That is about the case when a single woman marries a divorced man with child. The best advice ever seems to cut everything, especially supposing that the dumped one might be depressed after divorce.
    I don't know, these seem very harsh prejudices.

And what if a divorced man (around 8 months ago) has been nice to me and likes me? If this brings me joy, I shouldn't deny this communication, I think.

Ok I’m definitely the right person to answer this question lol

Realistically the likelihood of meeting someone in your 30s or 40s who doesn’t have history of children or former partners is slim to non. If you do ask yourself who nobody wanted them. There’s usually a good reason. Relationships break down for many reasons and it’s unfair to expect then to remain single for the rest of their lives.

My advice would be make sure they are completely unattached. Separated but still married? That can get messy so be warned. Divorced? That’s ok so long as they aren’t still hung up over the ex. Have custody/access to children? Those children should always come first in his life. You should be a close second.

Regardless of his previous relationship status any man you are with should treat you with respect. That is no less than any woman deserves.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (23-10-21),selena (23-10-21),Suzi (23-10-21)