Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just existing

Walker extraordinaire!
    Crochet is great distraction technique.
    I tend to have different projects going on so I can choose depending on my mood.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I do that too!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I'm struggling.
    Today I've felt so ill, depressed, sick and in pain. I woke at 3am and it felt like someone had punched me hard in the face. I took strongest strength cocodamol but it didn't touch the pain and took me around two hours to get back to sleep. I tried to get up late morning and have a bath and wash my hair but afterwards I felt so sick that I couldn't dry it and I've spent the rest of the day in bed. I've not slept but I've had no energy to get up. Eventually I was sick about 7pm but now I just feel week. I'm going to try to get hold of gp tomorrow as I really don't feel good. I can't live like this anymore. It's so miserable being like this and not fair on my family

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

shine (12-09-21)

Sorry you've been feeling ill... Did you eat when you took the cocodamol?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

shine (11-10-21)

Mentally I'm struggling. Can't really think past today but for work I'm taking one day at a time and unless I improve I can't see myself staying in work much longer. I'm petrified to go on sick leave because of my last major mh crisis and long term sick leave. Staying home alone with my depression was dangerous for me then and I spiralled down. I'm fighting this everyday but I'm not sure how much longer I can. Work is a safe place for me not like last time. Cbt is coming to an end but I decided to write a list of current thoughts to show my therapist at the next session so she can hopefully direct me in the best way forward for my discharge plan which we have been discussing

I was hoping that as you haven't been posting that things were brighter for you.
    Have you spoken to your line manager and told them how you are feeling?
    What does your husband say? What support do you have?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

shine (11-10-21)

Firstly I will point out that your fear of this time being the same as the last is irrational. The reason I say this it because if you read back what you have written here you have already stated that things are different. We learn from our past experiences.

The second thing is that CBT never ends. It gives you coping strategies to help you for life. Just because you’re not speaking to a professional any more doesn’t mean you don’t have to use the skills you have been thought, but like going to school. You may leave formal education at 16 or 18 but you still continue to use the things you learned.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (10-10-21),shine (11-10-21),Suzi (10-10-21)

Stella you are so right. Thank you.
    Suzi work are very supportive. I'm hoping for help via Occupational health.

Talking to OH is a sensible idea. Love, I don’t think you see how amazingly well you are coping with this, please, please don’t beat yourself up re work….
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.