Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Every day a struggle *SU TRIGGERS*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Wow, that's really exciting! Are you doing illustrations for them too?
    I don't know if I have to he skill for the illustrations or I may get a college student to do them for me.
    It's a bit of a pipe dream so don't know if it will ever get off the ground
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

I've seen some of your painting. You definitely have the talent!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

So today Arty's best friend T and her family are coming for a BBQ. I struggle with T. She is training as a counsellor, a reki therapist and something else. She has a personal trainer and helps a neighbour keep bees. One of her son's goes to private secondary school and her hubby earns over £100k a year Nothing wrong with any of that just wanted to paint a picture of her However she is quite outgoing about her personal beliefs. She has decided not to have the vaccine as she feels that she does not want anything added to her body. That is her choice, what worries me though is that her youngest son has all sorts of health problems including asthma. She does not even take paracetamol just homeopathic remedies. When at college this year she refused to wear a mask just because she did not want to and got the college to give her an exemption lanyard so she did not have to wear one anywhere else. She did have depression badly a while ago but us now off all the meds and very proud of it. When Arty is poorly she (arty) starts thinking that as T has come off them all and is ok that she should as well. She will insist on giving me a big hug when she comes which makes me very uncomfortable. They are all meat eaters but I plan to cook my own lunch, vegi burger, cheese and vegi bacon.
    Arty knows how I feel about T but I have been told to be on my best behaviour.
    I have brought a bag of pebbles to do rock painting with the teenagers. Not sure how that will go....
    Last edited by Pen; 08-08-21 at 08:54 AM.

She does sound challenging….. can you refuse the hug for covid reasons? She makes her choices, surely she should respect that as one of yours?

Good luck, and I hope the rock painting is a success!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree, I'd suggest the 2m social distancing for anyone coming in especially unvaccinated people! She sounds like a "lovely" person. I do understand partly - my MIL has refused the vaccine too and keeps on about all the typical rubbish from anti vaxxers...

I can't see why the rock painting wouldn't be a success, besides it's a really good excuse not to be anywhere near T!

Good luck!

So here we are again at the end of the day with me feeling that I should have done more today.

Why do you think that?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How did the bbq go?
    What do you think you should have done which you didn't?

I don't know. I just do.
    The last weekend has been manic. Friday Arty's eldest dropped her iPod case down the storm drain at the end of the road and I spent several unsuccessful hours trying to rescue them. Saturday was two classes. Sunday with T however after they had gone Arty's girls decided it was the time to swap rooms, as one of them has a king sized bed I was pulled into dismantling it. Today Arty's phone died so been setting it up today and finally finished off the lawn edging. It has been full on but still I feel a failure.

You are not a failure. In fact I’ve long been in awe of everything you have achieved and continue to achieve. And I would be impressed regardless of whether you battle with your MH. As it is, no one looking in on your life, and the challenges you have met, and continue to meet with your health, could ever even begin to think you’re a failure.