Hey there folks.

I have had an enduring problem with an abusive sister for years.

Unfortunately, this is another episode that is affecting my MH, namely anxiety and depression. Have you ever experienced anxiety about something specific, and the same cyclical ruminating thoughts are there as soon as you wake? That's what I had today,

So the background is we were getting on reasonably well for a few weeks. Went to London started drinking when the football tournament started. She asked me to put a bet on for her, on my phone for Italy to win. She said she saw confirmation and we were both drunk. I swear it was Italy, she even quoted the odds that were correct on the betting slip in the betting history.

Anyway the bet was on Portugal for some reason. Needless to say Italy won and the winnings were £96. Now she's launched a campaign of bullying with demands via email. It's really stressing me. I keep my word on personal agreements but this was a silly drunken honest mistake. I know for a fact if the roles were reversed I'd be irritated for a day max and if she offered to say go for s meal or something would forgive and accept it was a mistake. Not with this person, oh no. She instantly blocked me on WhatsApp and laughed abuse. I thought she was joking at first and said just accept the error, as I would have. This was 10 days ago and she still hasn't changed her position. I've returned the stake already.

It's difficult to get an objective independent view but I don't know what to do. She's always she doesn't care about money, hence why I thought she'd just forgive and learn a lesson. Ultimately though, she asked someone else to bet for them, when both drunk, and said she saw confirmation and was happy. I think she bears partial responsibility.

I am minded to meet her half way and reimbursed half, as I know if I do exactly what she wants she'll use it as an emotional victory which she also wants. The threat is the end of our relationship if I don't cough up everything. She's engaged in demanding money with menaces I believe. Two of her messages;

"I asked you to put it on as I don’t have an online account, if I’d known you’re so incompetent I’d have found a bookies. I asked you the Italy odds, you said 9.6 and I asked you to stick a tenner on Italy. Quite simple. And you said you’d done it. And you made sure I transferred the tenner to you that night. Come Sunday night, I want my money in my account, either way, or we’re gonna fall out big time. Blocking you on here now as I’m too pissed off with you."

"Well it’s non-negotiable for me, to make this right you need to 1. Apologise for your unwarranted nasty arrogant attitude last week and 2. Pay over my winnings & stake.
It’s not up for debate, I’ve made my position crystal clear, ball’s in your court now. I’ll leave it with you."

Incidentally she never apologises for any of the abuse she subjects me to, ever.

I must add that, I'm socially isolated have no male friends to chat to and feel vulnerable to stressors. I think I rely on her as a proxy mate so am a little dependent.

Don't know how to deal with it, give in or stick to a middle way. Really causing low mood.

Thank you for reading.