Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Sissies united

I met my dad and step mom during weekend. I miss them alot since they live far too. But at least my parents are alive. I know Jani misses his parents, but they are both gone. So it feels abit unfair to complain about missing mine.
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

It's not unfair to miss them at all. Your feelings are valid love. Just because yours are here and Jani's aren't it doesn't mean you can't miss them or be annoyed by them or any other emotions.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I couldn’t agree with Suzi more. 7 years ago my parents moved away to literally the other end of the country. I was devastated so I completely understand how you feel…..
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I lost both of my parents 8 years ago. Of course I miss them but do I begrudge others who still have there parents? No. I would say it is ok to miss them and to spend every available moment you can with them either on person or by phone or email, because you never know when it will be the last.

You are right, as usual. It still feels unfair to complain about it, while he has only his memories. But he likes my parents alot, and maybe he gets some comfort having them in his life. I brought all my plants here to new house, so it is easier for me to care for them. Now I just need my cats and birds, and my life feels better.

Are you nearly finished moving? Well done love.
    How are Jani and the boys feeling about the move?
    How's the job going?

You're almost there Sissy....it's a lot of hassle and it's exhausting but you'll reap the benefits very soon. Lots of luck in your new home.xx

Life is so much better with cats [insert cat smiley here] you're getting there.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

How are you doing lovely?

Work. Moving is still going, and I am exhausted. This is hell, but it will get done eventually