Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Sissies united

I just never enjoyed competing. I wasn't bad, but definitely not too good either. And as a teenager I just loved trail riding so much more. And that is what we mainly do with Baron. Long rides to bushes
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

Oh me too, that was always my favourite too!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I remember when we talked about Baron having a silly hat on. He had it today, and so did his friends as well. Aal and Saretti are his Best pals, and we often go on trail training together. We did that today. And all three were being a bunch of monkies. But No harm done, we got past a suspicious tree branch, a storming mud puddle, scary mailboxes and an imaginary squirrel. Work is tiring, and Le Dude started at new Job too. I am hoping us both getting used to this fast, I hate being so exhausted I can't wait to go to sleep. Bed time as a Best moment of the day does not really fulfill my expectations. But getting used to things takes time.

Oh, that made me giggle - Baron is such a character!

Sorry you’re still struggling with work, lovely, I really hope the exhaustion eases. How is Le Dude doing?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's hilarious! Sounds like when I take my dogs out!

Are you working a lot of shifts this week? How's it going for Le Dude?

Doing okay for now. He said he does not want to drink anymore, but that is just one step on the road to recovery. Not wanting to drink is not quite tha same as wanting to quit drinking completely. He says he does not want to drink anymore. I have seen him being able not to. Problems has been, he never said before he does not want to drink again. So I try to support him on his way, but he has to take all those steps by him self. And People he works with now all worry me. All are Heavy drinkers, and I fear company will get him to slip. But what can I do, other than see this through? He knows I won't stay with him unless he keeps going to clinic, meeting nirses, doctors and other addicts trying to get better. I love this person more than my own life. So it hirts when I have to think about what happens if he grabs the bottle again.

What's the job he's got that you're worried about? All you can do is support him and try to trust him. But, you are right. He does still need to go to the meetings, appointments and actually not drink...

He builds bridges over highways.

Jobs that involve hard physical labour often have a drinking culture Sissy all you can do is support him the best you can.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

That sounds like an interesting job!