Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

I'm sorry I missed your post about being poorly and then taking Ais out. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Ouch for forgetting the meds, I've done that before and I know how you feel... Being kind to you is the best thing you could do.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How are things love?

Just checking in. I don't really have a lot to report.

It's good to see you lovely.
    How are you feeling? How are your moods?
    How are Ais? Gerry?

What are you up to atm?

Hey lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm okay. Keeping the good side out.
    When mum passed away, I got the job of ringing her best friend in America that she was gone. They had been friends all of their lives. They were in school together and even when her friend emigrated in the 50's they stayed very close. I got such a shock when the lady in America was taken to the hospital the day mum went, and she passed away on the Thursday. The same week as mum. Her family wanted to bring her ashes home to Galway, to be buried in the family plot. Unfortunately covid put that on hold for over 2 years. We had her funeral on Saturday and while there were tears shed, it was lovely to catch up with friends. We shared a lot of lovely memories and exchanged old photos between us.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That is sad, but how lovely you finally got to meet up with people again x

Hi all. I have a few minutes to catch up. Aisling is in the middle of her state exams and is finding it very hard going. She's tired and is panicking about each exam before she goes in. We've had English, Irish, geography and this afternoon it's maths. Thank God it's nearly the weekend so she can get some rest. Someone said to me years ago, that the exams are harder on the parents and I can understand that now.

I had bloods done last time I was at my GP. I knew she had bad news when she rang me with the results. My B12 levels are far too low, so I've had 3 of 4 injections to boost my levels. My inflammation markers were up, but I'm sore so I didn't need to be told that. And my hormone levels have dropped, which means that I am officially in menopause. I'm still processing that, but with the exams, I've kinda parked that until we get over them.

Good luck with the rest of the exams Ais!

I’m glad your GP is on it and you’re getting the treatment you need. for the soreness and hormones - both are tough to deal with …..