Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

After sleeping on it again last night, (or twisting and turning because so much in my head), I rang Bridget this morning and she had a free appointment at 9.30. I explained what had been said, and Bridget said the very same as you've said here. She said that yes, I've come a long way, but she also made me realize that I have a chronic mental health condition, just like I have chronic asthma, and I would never stop taking my inhaler just because I'm not wheezing. I shouldn't stop taking my m/h meds just because I have had a stable spell.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I'm glad you've spoken to Bridget
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I'm so glad that you were able to talk to her and that she helped you see what we see too...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I wasn't sure whether to ring her this morning or not. 6 months ago, I wouldn't have picked up the phone.

I'm really, really glad you did.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    I wasn't sure whether to ring her this morning or not. 6 months ago, I wouldn't have picked up the phone.
    I’m so proud of you for calling, I’m also extremely proud of you for being able to recognise that positive change in you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Last week was a busy one. I had coffee with my sister Mary on Tuesday and with a friend on Thursday. I also had physio on Thursday, but was very sick while I was there and went straight to bed at 4 because I was feeling so bad and I was frozen. I just couldn't warm up. I called my GP on Friday because I was still feeling so bad, and the secretary told me there was a lot of it going around and just stay in bed!
    Thankfully I started to feel better yesterday and Aisling and I went for a spin in the afternoon. I'm so glad that she still wants to do that with me. It was a lovely afternoon. We didn't go far, but I'm trying to teach her our local geography, places where I would have gone when I was younger than she is now. Yesterday I showed her a tree where I had cut my initials on when I was a lot younger. She loved it.

Sorry you’ve been poorly, just glad you’re brighter now. That sounds like a lovely time with Ais yesterday

How’s your mood atm?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I forgot my night meds last night. I've spent the day being very nice to me, with the worst hangover without booze ever.

Oh hunni, that sucks!