Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

I love the school secretary. She always says I'm doing the right thing when I call to tell them about Aisling. Plus she tells me that Ais is a princess in the school. Every parent likes to hear things like that.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Paula (22-05-21),Suzi (22-05-21)

I bet she's being totally honest too

Have you spoken to her and told her that she upset you this week?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

We had another spin yesterday and I told her that I was upset about the way she shouted at me. She got upset because she hadn't realized. But we cleared the air and I really enjoyed our chat.
    In other news, it took us over an hour to drive one and a half miles on the way home. The traffic was dreadful. There was some sort of modified car gathering in the city and I'm not joking when I say there were hundreds of cars. I understand that they want to meet up, but maybe in the future they could use an unused airfield or close off some roads to facilitate them.

I'm so proud of you for talking to her about it. It's important that she knows that you are human and have feelings too.... I'm so glad that you did it together, calmly, cleared the air and had a really good chat!
    Oh! Sorry about the traffic, but it gave you longer to chat and just "be" with each other? But yes, I know how annoying things like that can be. I live about 10 mins away from Brooklands Museum and they often have special car days etc....

Well done! And I’m glad she understood what you had to say to her
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I was a part of the classic car scene for years and took part in organised events and none of them involved hanging out on McDonalds car parks and driving like morons or the streets. These cruise events should be illegal. My cousins used to attend them but I never got involved and don’t agree with them at all.

We only live a mile or so from a 2nd WW airfield which has been turned into a stock car racing stadium, and drivers who want to 'pose' in their BMW's and are allowed to race the guts out of them. On a fine windless day you can hear them from our house!

There used to be a huge one in Guildford, but it was shut down after some accidents happened...

They have a Facebook page called Salthill Sunday's. They have photos up of lots of cars and just some of the traffic tailbacks they caused.
    All of the phone systems are still down in our health service. I called to Toghermore yesterday to ask Bridget to call me. She called me this morning. I told her everything. Really everything. She will call me again next week.

Has she made any suggestions?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.