Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

I'm really proud of you for knowing to get hold of Bridget and that you aren't stashing any meds.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

You definitely need to talk to Ais, but you’re right to wait til the weekend when there’ll be less school stuff to deal with. She needs to know that this attitude has consequences and you’re human too....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I get that we're coming up to the end of the year, but I get up every day with a smile on my face for her. It's hard to believe that she will be on holiday from Friday week 28th.

Hunni, you are allowed to tell her she was out of order. Maybe you could help her find other ways to deal with stress etc?

When I was a teenager, one year I forgot Mother’s Day. It took 2 weeks for my mum to admit to me how hurt she was. That incident had 2 consequences. One, I realised that I should never take it for granted that I could behave how I wanted and mum could take it on the chin just because she’s a mum. Two, I really wished she’d told me earlier - I was devastated that she felt she couldn’t talk to me about it, but also I was devastated that she’d been carrying this hurt, that I’d caused, around for 2 weeks
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hey, you think you could share that sorry with my kids Paula

I completely agree Paula x

I called the school yesterday because there is a timetable on their website for Monday 31st May. I wasn't sure if Ais was trying to pull a fast one by telling me she was finishing on the Fri. They called me back this morning, and they are definitely finishing on Friday. I just mentioned to them that Ais is getting very stressed about the end of year exams next week.

Well done for talking to the school... Did they seem supportive?