Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

I still have 5 days of steroids and antibiotics to finish. My back is still not great. I'm having accidents almost every night. Although I'm busy and normally love this time of year, I'm a bit flat this year. I'm keeping track, and I will mention it to the doctor on Wednesday.

Oh lovely, I'm sorry you're feeling flat. I am glad you're talking to your GP love. What about Bridget? Are you still talking to her?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

My appointment on Wednesday is in Toghermore. I presume I'll see Bridget after.

I'm glad that you still have that support lovely.

My appointment went okay today. No meds increase. I have been booked into seeing Bridget next week.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-10-21)

Were you able to be honest about how you are really feeling? How do you feel about no meds increase?
    I'm glad you've still got Bridget.

How are you today? How are you sleeping? How's things with your Dad?
    Has Ais taken off her sheep jumper yet?

I was very honest with the doctor yesterday. I told her that I have been on antibiotics and steroids for the chest infection, and that I think they were having an effect on my mood. I asked her not to increase the meds and she actually made me smile. She told me I'm on a heafty dose already. She is new to the service and newish to Ireland, and to hear her use such a slang term made me smile. She told me to check up on my orthopedic appointment because the incontinence is affecting my sleep.
    So this morning I've been chasing up to see where I'm on the waiting list. The person I spoke with couldn't give me an answer and told me to call a different number. When I called there, they only answer the phone between 10am and 12. In our public hospital system that is on its knees and they only operate the telephones for 2 hours a day! I'm a bit cross.
    The plumber was due this morning and at 1.30 he still hasn't arrived. I'm a bit cross.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get through to anyone! That is really frustrating!
    Has the plumber arrived?

I'm so glad you were open and honest with your Dr lovely. Is your incontinence every night? Becoming more frequent?

What a horribly frustrating day
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The plumber arrived at around 11 on Friday morning and stayed to finish it all off. It's lovely and I am so glad we had it done. Our downstairs bathroom isn't big enough to turn into a wet room, but we can have a low rise shower tray put in. It just means I have a lesser chance of tripping up.