Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

I'm so glad that you are talking things through with him. That's so important, he needs to know or he can't help at all...

How are you today love? Did you sleep?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I slept okay. I only woke about 5 or 6 times and I gave up at around 5 and got up.

Is that better than you have been recently?
    How are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    I slept okay. I only woke about 5 or 6 times and I gave up at around 5 and got up.
    That doesn’t sound like a healthy night’s sleep to me….
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Morning love, did you sleep last night?

My sleep is gone to pot. They whole dad thing is terrible. He has said that Sarah staying away is all the proof that he needs that she was stealing and lying to him. Sarah is so upset that she has been in contact with the department to let them know she is not going back and to stop her payment. I think the public health nurse has been in contact with the GP about not coming out last week to give dad a sedative when he really needed it. My sister Geraldine is blaming Sarah for leaving dad to fend for himself and has been spending time with him all week. Ger thinks that dad is a vulnerable old man who needs his family around him. She thinks that he is suffering from depression since mum died and has even thrown it back at me, that I would have been very hurt if they had all turned their backs on me when I needed them. I've spent the last few nights crying myself to sleep only to wake every hour or so crying again.
    I have a face to face appointment with Bridget on Monday. I have already been talking to her about all of this, and she asked me to call her again on Thursday if things were no better. But I didn't do that. I don't think there's anything she can do.

Of course there’s something she can do. She can talk you through things, remind you of your coping mechanisms and pick up if your mood is spiralling. That’s her job, love….
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

There definitely is something she can do.

Hunni I'm so sorry things are so crap. Why haven't you been posting - we are your friends and we are here for you. You'd hate it if one of us was struggling this much and haven't been talking...
    I'm sorry Sarah is struggling - but hunni, as hard as it is, you need to stop and focus on you. If Ger is feeling that way, then maybe she should be the one going in and dealing with him!

Massive hugs gorgeous.

I had an appointment with Bridget this morning at 11. She basically said everything that you all said. I have to concentrate on Gerry and Aisling and myself. I am rereading my mindfulness program and trying to put it into practice again. My meds have been adjusted slightly to help me get to sleep and keep me asleep. Bridget is going to call me again on Wednesday to see if I've had any sleep.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Flo (18-08-21)

Well done, love, for being honest with her