Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

That sounds like a good plan tbh...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I must agree with Paula and Suzi, I think for the sanity of your siblings and yourself he'd be better off in a Care home. From what you've said in the past, financially it's possible. You all have lives to live and they should be happy lives, not ones that are spent worrying about how he's going to react every time he opens the front door.

How are you today lovely? Did you ever get to talk to Bridget? How are your thoughts hunni?

I'm still very upset about the whole dad thing. My dad would never go into a nursing home. The cost doesn't come into it. He likes to be the lord of the manor and he will die in his own bed. He would be very difficult for all the staff if he was to go into a home.
    I've called Toghermore again today and I'm waiting again for Bridget to call me. I'm going to try my GP about 4 if she doesn't call by then.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Flo (11-08-21)

Are you struggling with your thoughts? I'm glad you called Tog to speak to someone. Have you heard back?

What about getting carers to go into him?

Have they called?

I was also going to suggest carers - it’s not fair on the family for him to continue like this
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I spoke with Bridget at last. She's told me to take some Xanax and to call again tomorrow to let her know how I slept. The doctors will be there on Friday if I need to change some meds.

My sister has organized for meals on wheels to call with dinner to him. But the bluebird care team have already threatened to refuse him calls if he abuses their nurses again. (Bluebird care are private nurses who call to people who are housebound to help with their care).

So he's being horrible to them too huh?

I'm glad you've spoken to Bridgette. Have you been talking about things with Gerry?

Yes. I've been keeping him up late into the night, asking what I should do, how can I help etc. Gerry has a very calm and considered view on life, and he can normally put a very clear and calm spin onto things. I always feel better when I talk to him