Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

I have an appointment at 6 this evening. My sister would like a lift to dad's in the morning around 7.30. Otherwise we have no plans, I'm going to Dublin on Tuesday next with Ais and her friend for her birthday.

I am so proud of you for getting in fast before things become a problem. That's really brilliant love.

So a quiet weekend? Are you crafting atm?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

My baby turned 15 today. I don't look old enough to have a 15 year old daughter.

Wow! 15 already. Only seems like 5 minutes ago she was just making double figures and now she’s a young lady.

Happy birthday Ais!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm very upset. My dad is being horrible and very nasty. He struck one of my brothers with a fence post during a big row this morning. He is accusing Sarah of stealing firewood from his shed and he has the whole family at odds with him. Sarah came to mine yesterday morning and spent the whole time crying. I was so worried about her. She told me that she was going for a walk in the park, along the river, on her own. I collected her and went with her, for my own peace of mind as much as anything. Turns out that it spilled down with rain, so we got an ice cream and sat in the car chatting.

Hunni, I know this is a horrible thing to consider, but would he be better in a care home?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (11-08-21)

I agree with Paula. It sounds like his behaviour could be dangerous too. For the safety of everyone it might be the better option - also allows everyone to be son/daughter and not carer....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (11-08-21)

My brothers are finished with him now. My sisters are taking tomorrow off and meeting for coffee in the morning.

Maybe he needs some time to realise just how much he relies on his family to get by and then maybe he’ll start appreciating what everyone does for him.