Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

I can understand that, but why head to those sites? If you don't actively search for them then you could use the internet for positive things? As Paula says, what about things like learning something different? Or craft along groups or similar? Or listening to podcasts?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I can strongly recommend Mayim Bialik’s Breakdown podcast. Some interesting discussions about all areas of mental health with guest stars.

I have to agree with Paula. There must be something you'd like to learn now that Ais is older...doing something for you. learn a language, a creative course, or track your ancestry through Ancestry. It'll point your brain in a different and therapeutic direction. Try to steer your brain away from 'DEstructive' to 'CONstructive'. I've had to do that in the past...my mind was idle and homing in on negative 'everythings'! Let something GIVE something to you rather than TAKE AWAY from you. It's horrible for one's mind to be stuck in a rut...you're enduring life at the moment instead of enjoying it. A lot of us have been there and it's not nice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (21-10-21)

Hey Magie love, how are you doing?

I think Flo and the others are right. When was the last time you did something totally FOR YOU? It feels really wrong and selfish when you do, but you have to in order to help get you brighter....

Have you ever thought of either starting or belonging to a knitting circle. You're an amazing knitter and very creative and I honestly think that 'bog standard' knitters like me could learn such a lot from you. It's truly a gift. Now that the darker afternoons are setting in I'm sure there'll be others that would jump at the chance of a knit and natter. We used to have one in Scotland and took it in turns to host our little creative get togethers...cross stitchers/knitters/ quilting...lots of cake and coffee!!! I appreciate that it's difficult with covid etc. but I'm sure friends would only be too pleased to wear a mask just so they could get together. It was a very positive distraction for me when I was really low.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Paula (21-10-21),Strugglingmum (21-10-21),Suzi (21-10-21)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    That sounds like a great idea and something I think you'd excel at Maggie!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Flo (21-10-21)

That is an awesome idea! You could also look into teaching a class in adult education or similar?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (21-10-21)

I've been thinking about doing classes from home. But every time I just chicken out.
    I've been talking to the school and they are very disappointed that I'm not going back. I just wouldn't be able for it. But they have taken on board my idea of getting the children to draw pictures, and I will pick the best (easiest) one to make into the door for Christmas. They are going to do it just after the midterm break. I've explained that it will take me a good while to get them ready.
    I'm almost finished the blanket for baby Lucy. I've been just concentrating on getting it finished.

What sort of classes were you thinking about?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Can I ask why you won't be going back to school? I thought it was something you really enjoyed?
    Regarding classes at home, there are so many options!