Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

New Beginnings

My other thread was a bit long.
    I treated myself to an iceburger ice cream yesterday on my way to pick Aisling up from school. I haven't had one in years. So I pulled away from the shop, opened up my ice cream and discovered there was only one chocolate biscuit. So it was an open sandwich. I kept my wrapper and sent off an old fashioned letter to let them know how upset I was. I'll let you know how I get on.

Hey Magie, lovely new thread - but what's an iceburger ice cream?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Iceburger ice cream? What’s that?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Omg, I'm sorry. An iceberger is two chocolate biscuits sandwiching vanilla ice cream. The size I think is what we used to call a 5p slice from the ice cream van man. It's bigger than a 3p slice but not as big as a 7p slice. It's generous.

Sounds delicious!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sounds yum! I'm so glad that you went to treat yourself! You really need to do things like that more often....

I'm glad you explained what an iceburger ice cream was shame there was only one chocky bikky though, good on you Magie firing off an old fashioned letter to them hope you get a positive response.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Aisling and I went for a very old-fashioned spin yesterday. We asked Gerry to come along, but he preferred to stay home. This is turning into "our" thing on a Sunday, and it's lovely to have time together without screens. We went to dad's home house , well the ruins of it and Aisling was surprised with how small it was. The painful thing is that because there are no pubs or restaurants open there is no where to go to the loo. Still it means that I get to see some of my family because I'd never make it home.

What a lovely thing to do! It still makes me beam to hear of your amazing relationship with Aisling

I completely agree!