Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

How’s your mood atm?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It's quite stable for now.

Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    I got on fine with Bridget yesterday. I have another appointment in 2 weeks and see the doctor again on 14th Feb.
    We've spent the last few days trying to process what happened to that pretty young girl about 100 km from my front door. I've told my Aisling to be careful and not to go anywhere on her own. I know it was a random act, and I know you have a better chance of winning the lottery, but they have no one arrested for her murder and that makes me very uneasy.
    I'm so sorry, what happened?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

A young teacher went for a run last Wednesday afternoon (around 4pm). She was murdered in broad daylight. They haven't released any details because they only arrested someone yesterday. She had only graduated from teacher training collage in October.

Oh that's so awful. I will never understand how people can do things like that. I can understand you being cautious. Things like that affects the whole community. So horrible....

I've been busy this week. I went to school on Monday and took down the door decorations. It took me until today to deconstruct them and put the stuff away.
    I went to physio on Thursday and Aisling and I went to see Belfast in the cinema yesterday. If anyone is wondering, it is a brilliant movie.

Belfast was a brilliant movie, did you know it was based on Kenneth Branagh’s childhood? I really enjoyed the movie. It included emotional moments for my due to the experiences of Ricky’s family and the stories they shared with me. Fab film totally worth watching.

That does sound like a busy week! Did you fit in any self care? How's your pain/mood been this week?

Yeah. This week is quieter. I just have a dexa scan on Thursday afternoon. Aisling has quite a few projects due this week, so I'm helping out (with snacks and drinks) while she get them ready.

What’s a dexa scan? (Forgive my ignorance)
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.