Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaaaaaaand relax...... SH TRIGGER

So glad you had a good time even if the film was a bit rubbish at the end...
    Are you going to be pacing today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Ah, yes, Si doesn’t think a mouse made it across the road....

I probably will be doing cross stitch today
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Glad you enjoyed the film, Paula. That sounds like a lovely time even if tze end of the film seemed rushed a bit. Hope you'll have a bright week xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly For This Useful Post:

Paula (11-05-21)

I'm glad you're going to be working on cross stitch..

Just ridiculous. Si and I have been invited to see some of his Hive colleagues on Saturday afternoon and I’ve agreed. Thing is, I’ve never actually met any of them and I’m shaking so much at the thought of it that I’ve just dropped and smashed a bowl!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Oh sweetheart try and take some deep breaths, have you spoken to Si about how its making you feel?
    Could you possibly sit with Si and meet them before just one or two at a time on a video call or let Si chat with them and just sit and listen it might make it easier on the day for you
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Hey you know what? You should be the one shaking with excitement about meeting you! You are awesome and they will love you. I know meeting new people is terrifying but you get to put on your gladrags get your hair done, slap on the make up and have a good time with your husband. Focus on the positives.

I totally agree with the others!

It'll be awesome, but even if you hate them then so what? Isn't he leaving soon?

He left in December - but these are his friends (one of them was a friend from Vodafone who recommended him for job at Hive). But I’ve said before, I think, how Si has always kept work and home separate. In all the time we’ve been together, I think I’ve only spent significant time with just one person from his work.

Si knows I’m anxious...

So what does this tell you? Si keeps home and work separate but he wants you the meet these people. He wants them to meet you! This is a big positive. Plus if you rarely get to see his work colleagues once this is over you probably won’t see them again. Either that or you’ll make new friends. Struggling to see a downside, apart from that damned anxiety that will tell you lies to stop to from going and enjoying yourself.