Page 17 of 96 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaaaaaaand relax...... SH TRIGGER

So, I know I’ve not said much recently. No real reason, I don’t think.

Anyway, yesterday Si had 2 interviews, both went well, one was good but the other was a 2nd interview for what sounds like his perfect job. I think we’re both trying very hard not to get our hopes up. 6 months without work is a little too long for our nerves…..

I’m going to mum and dads on Thursday, I’m excited, but nervous about the journey too.

All in all, I’m a little on edge…
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You'll be fine. I know that as you're awesome
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Perfect job? Is that a mix of working from the office and home? Locally? When's he likely to hear?

I can totally see why you're nervous about the drive. You'll be OK as long as you remember to take rest breaks and pace yourself. At the other end of the journey are 2 loving parents who want to spoil you and take care of you. When it's time to come home you'll have Si waiting for you x You've got this.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

The job is Director of Pricing and Strategy which is on a par with his job at Hive, the package is good and it’ll probably be a mix of office and home. The job suits him to a tee and he wouldn’t have to manage a direct line team - which he hates because he’s just too nice…. He should hear this week about the next stage (presentation)
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That sounds really good. Is the office location near or far?

Slough, so not too bad

The home of the Mars bar.

Only about 35 mins away from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    The home of the Mars bar.
    I went to the factory as part of my A level Business Studies course. They sent us all home with a ton of ‘seconds’. Best day of my life

I remember going past it when I was a kid cos my brother took me to work with him in the lorry. I got to sleep in the cab which would’ve been brilliant if we hadn’t parked up for night somewhere pretty close to Heathrow.