Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Struggling

Hello ladies.

Hooe you're well. Just a wee update. Talked to the GP today. We decided a short course of diazepam as and when. Also she suggested perhaps to consider changing my anti depressants as I have been on this type for a couple of years.

I still feel very low and listless but will try and force myself out later.

Well done for talking to your GP and being open to the idea of changing. What are you on now? What are they suggesting you change to?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (18-04-21)

That’s a good days work, hunni, well done
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (18-04-21)

Hiya,

Hope everyone is well. Just an update. The GP issued some short term tranquillisers and suggested a change in antidepressants which I'm going to deliberate on.

I'm doing better, but still pretty on edge, I'm trying to remove the stressor that I have identified.

Thanks guys. Sending good wishes.

M xx

They suggested Venlafaxine. I've been on Escitalapram for 2.5 years.

Can I not edit posts after sending one does anyone know or am I being dumb?!

Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Well done for talking to your GP and being open to the idea of changing. What are you on now? What are they suggesting you change to?
    Oops, Sorry Suzi for merging posts. Don't know how that happened! Not sure how to undo or edit posts��
    Last edited by Suzi; 18-04-21 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Merging posts, please try not to double post! :)

Hi Matt only the team members can edit posts after it's been made. Not a problem, just something to be aware of

Venlafaxine had been a game changer for my husband.

Hi Matt only the team members can edit posts after it's been made. Not a problem, just something to be aware of

Venlafaxine had been a game changer for my husband.
    I may try venlafaxine then. I had it years ago in the 90s as one of my first ever ADS. Don't if you guys agree but the efficacy 9f do can wane after a few years.

On another note, who are the team members? Again I didn't mean to merge posts and the couldn't undo it when I noticed as I cannot edit, kind of a catch 22!

Keep well guys.

Xx

What's the thinking about restricting users editing posts may I ask? Am a bit befuddled.
    Last edited by Suzi; 19-04-21 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Merging posts, please try not to double post! :)

Why do you continue to double post when you’ve been asked twice not to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Why do you continue to double post when you’ve been asked twice not to do it?
    It was a mistake, I don't know how I did it. I assure you it's not intentional.

In fact I'm not entirely certain what you mean by double posting Suzi

When you say only members can edit, who are members? Aren't people who register members? I'm confused!

Hi Matt -

All team members have their names in different colours - Red for admin, dark blue for supermods, green for mods. There's also a pinned post called "Meet the team" so you can know about us too.
    Double posting - posting twice on the same thread within 10 mins is the rule we use. I just ask that people don't do that. It's terrible for continuity, some people only do it to increase post numbers to get past newbie stage etc to be able to post links and pictures, it's better for our data if double posting doesn't happen and many other issues.
    Members - yes all registered are members, only team can edit posts.
    Members can't edit posts for many reasons - for example, 1ce we had a member who would write something and then go back and change everything to remove what they had said. This may not seem like a big issue, but it is for continuity, for the fact that this person was someone I was used to dealing with their care team about. Once they'd changed their posts, the "evidence" had been removed. Another issue is for spammers. We've had it where a member posts, then goes back later to change it to spam - links and pictures. This may not seem a problem, but trust me some of the things I've seen make me uncomfortable and I'm about as far from a prude as it's possible to be!

Hope this helps to explain things. Every forum has their own rules, this is just one of mine. We don't have many rules and are pretty open and relaxed about most things.

Hi Matt -

All team members have their names in different colours - Red for admin, dark blue for supermods, green for mods. There's also a pinned post called "Meet the team" so you can know about us too.
    Double posting - posting twice on the same thread within 10 mins is the rule we use. I just ask that people don't do that. It's terrible for continuity, some people only do it to increase post numbers to get past newbie stage etc to be able to post links and pictures, it's better for our data if double posting doesn't happen and many other issues.
    Members - yes all registered are members, only team can edit posts.
    Members can't edit posts for many reasons - for example, 1ce we had a member who would write something and then go back and change everything to remove what they had said. This may not seem like a big issue, but it is for continuity, for the fact that this person was someone I was used to dealing with their care team about. Once they'd changed their posts, the "evidence" had been removed. Another issue is for spammers. We've had it where a member posts, then goes back later to change it to spam - links and pictures. This may not seem a problem, but trust me some of the things I've seen make me uncomfortable and I'm about as far from a prude as it's possible to be!

Hope this helps to explain things. Every forum has their own rules, this is just one of mine. We don't have many rules and are pretty open and relaxed about most things.
    Hi Suzi,

Thank you for the comprehensive explanations. I now get it! Yes, as you say, forums have there own rules for postings for different reasons. Due to the nature of the content of this one I can totally understand.

I suppose I was being naive, or just plain uninformed. I certainly don't want to face Stella's ire (joke).

Thanks again for the wonderful support and time given. You do a fabulous job. I may donate of that's a thing!

M xx