Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Today

Oh hunni, I’m sorry your dad’s poorly. Are you able to visit him?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I don’t think I will be able to as I suspect only one visitor will be allowed which I feel should be his wife.
    I feel very confused about him. He could be dying and I am not sure what I should be feeling. He has severe dementia and doesn’t know who anyone is any more. His behaviour years ago was awful/ so screwed up and I feel numb towards him. It is so difficult.x
    One day at a time ....😃

So sorry you're in that position - My Mum has been in hospital for a couple of weeks and it's really hard when only one person can go and see her. Could you do video calls?

Did you not enjoy the time with your girls?
    Is H's boyfriend OK?

Have you had any therapy or ever talked about things with your Dad with anyone?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi, I loved seeing them. S is in the last few weeks of year 11, bless her. H’s boyfriend is doing well, thankfully. I guess I want to build bridges with H. We had a lovely conversation in the car there and back.
    Yes, I have had therapy about my Dad. I know that he has struggled with MH issues throughout his life (as my Mum has too) I can only spin so many plates and I am terrified of overdoing things if that makes sense. I’m so glad I have reached out to you guys this evening x
    One day at a time ....😃

My youngest is the same age as S then - just a few weeks left of year 11.
    Why do you feel you need to build bridges with H?

It makes total sense to me love. Sometimes you have to shift your focus so that you can keep on with everything else... But don't bottle it all up love.
    I'm glad you've reached out tonight too..

I’m so glad you were able to spend some quality time with H
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How are you today Arty?

Hi,
    I am feeling brighter thankfully. I guess I overdid things on the weekend and it has taken a few days to recalibrate! As fellow parents know, raising children is demanding (as well as rewarding of course)
    Tomorrow I am working with a group of children in school doing a window display on garden birds, which I am really looking forward to.
    Re: H, I guess I just want her to like me, for obvious reasons. Tbh she is being lovely towards both me and Pen and has been for months. She is very much in love with her boyfriend which helps.
    This afternoon I am going to spend a bit of time preparing for tomorrow afternoon and then do something relaxing.
    Thanks, as always x
    One day at a time ....😃

How could H not like you? You are lovely and kind and you make Pen very, very happy!
    So glad you're feeling brighter x That window display sounds like something you can have loads of fun with!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (22-05-21)

Sometimes...you just have to stop and rest Pen has gone out with H. We are away for 3 nights on Friday so pacing is required - although I want to fight it!
    Also, does anyone find that they have a reaction to certain sweetners eg. aspartame? It makes me feel mental (more so than usual!) Xx
    One day at a time ....😃