Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Today

Hi everyone,
    Next week I start back with my placement (fingers crossed) so I am taking the opportunity to rest this afternoon. Tomorrow I have my first COVID jab and I am getting tested on Monday, ready for college and the school. I am getting organised for our meals next week. Pen is back doing face to face classes too so we need to be kind to ourselves. I’ve had 2 swims this week, it was lovely to get in the pool Hope you are all doing well xx
    One day at a time ....😃

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (17-04-21)

Sounds positive with the swimming and face to face classes. How are you feeling about going back to school?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

That sounds lovely Arty, especially the swimming! Sending you best wishes for your covid jab and for the upcoming week xx

Thank-you ladies. I am very excited about going to be going back into school. I am a bit nervous, naturally, and I know it will take a few sessions for my confidence to build up again. I know I need the stimulation now though, and I am trying to pace too xx
    One day at a time ....😃

How many days are you in school? Is that every week?

I am in college on Tuesdays. I plan on being in school Wednesday mornings and all day on Thursday. I haven’t done an all day session as yet, the classroom assistant takes the class on Thursday afternoons so I am looking forward to helping her. It feels so long since I have been there, I have really missed the children!
    This week I have told the Foodbank lady that I won’t be there on Friday morning, as I know I will be really tired by then. On Friday afternoon I am having my hair done - whoop! X
    One day at a time ....😃

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

OldMike (18-04-21)

Sounds like a good week! Definitely full of things to look forward to!

Hi all,
    I’ve had 2 observations/assessments for college (yesterday and toda) One was a Micro teach in college, one was a classroom obs. I am so relieved they’re out of the way but my negative/self critic voice is going crazy I’m going to rest up for the remainder of the afternoon/ evening and watch Call the Midwife and a film! Xx
    One day at a time ....😃

I'm sure you will have been brilliant! However, I remember my teaching observations and how nerve wracking they were!
    I'm glad you're going to rest for the rest of the afternoon lovely.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (05-05-21)

Hi all,
    I seem to be having a difficult few days. The girls were with me at the weekend. I feel like I was very much ‘holding it together’. I took Pen’s daughter to visit her boyfriend in hospital in Bristol on Sunday. My level 2 course is coming to an end but my placement continuing until the end of the year. I feel very stressed. Oh, and I had a phone-call earlier from my Dad’s wife to say he is in hospital with suspected sepsis. Ugh...
    I know I need to rest and recharge but my inner critic is being so harsh. This evening I have had a bath and I am going to watch some TV and do some tapestry. X
    One day at a time ....😃