Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Today

Hi all,
    So.. I bought myself one of these:
    https://soulanalyse.com/shop/i-am-st...n-ring-silver/
    I thought it would be something positive to look at on Thursday and also when I return to college/my placement.
    Pen and I managed to go out for an impromptu lunch today This evening I have arranged to phone my ex sister-in-law for a chat ahead of the funeral. I am proud of myself reaching out to her after all this time.
    X
    One day at a time ....😃

That ring is fab! You definitely are very strong love!
    I'm so glad you and Pen got out for a lunch today - I imagine you both needed some time out just the two of you.
    Did you and your ex sister in law get on well? I hope the call is what you need it to be.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Tbh it was strained at times When I was in a *really* dark place she told me to ‘toughen up a bit’…(that old chestnut )
    On the other hand, she wanted to keep in touch after the marriage split. I just want to do the grown up thing and hold out the olive branch for the sake of Thursday if nothing else….x
    One day at a time ....😃

Ahh so someone who has no idea about mental ill health then? I think it's a brave and kind thing to do.

Hi, the chat was lovely. She said she was really pleased to hear from me. I put the phone on speaker so that Pen could hear too My (ex) nephews will be coming to the funeral, I can’t wait to see them. Interestingly, Jack, who will be 20 in October has come out as bisexual and is wearing dresses and nail varnish. How brilliant! He starts at Sheffield uni in September (where I went) and is going to be living in LGBT halls. Apparently Sheffield were the first uni to come up with the idea. Isn’t it wonderful that people can be themselves now? From a personal perspective, Penny and I are able to live openly as a same sex couple. Good times x
    One day at a time ....😃

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Paula (14-08-21)

I’m so glad the chat went well, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That is awesome about Jack! I love how open things are getting - there's still a long way to go, but it's so wonderful that people can be them and not be ashamed or hide who they are! It's so great his Mum is supportive! What an awesome idea for the LGBT+ halls!
    I'm so glad that the chat was good and that you both obviously got a lot from it! I'm thrilled for you love. Was she accepting of your new relationship with Pen?

Yes, totally re: my relationship with Pen.
    Please give me some encouragement re: the Venl. increase…I am feeling soooo tired/ out of it/ numb in the mornings. But, I am determined to see it through x
    One day at a time ....😃

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Suzi (14-08-21)

Marc always sleeps when his is increased, but so far it's been the best medication he's ever had.. He's the most stable he's been in 20 something years....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (15-08-21)

Did you have the same symptoms when you first started on the venlafaxine? If so, I assume they eased? If so, if they eased then, they’ll ease now. It’s a great drug, love, which made a huge difference to me.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (15-08-21)