Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Today

Hi,
    Paula, may I ask what Vl. you are on? And Marc Suzi? I was just wondering...x
    One day at a time ....😃

Yes, just me.
    May I ask what dose of Vl you are on Paula? & Marc Suzi?
    X
    One day at a time ....😃

Oops, my phone is playing up, sorry ...
    One day at a time ....😃

375mg, but we’re all different, lovely. The key with venlafaxine (as with all ads) is to take them consistently as they just don’t work otherwise
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I was going to say exactly the same as Paula. Each time you change the dose it takes time for it to filter down into your system. It doesn't matter if you take 10mg or 300mg you're just making it so much harder on your body when you don't take it consistently - Think of it this way...

You take a dose for an extended time = Allows it to stabilise in your system - You think you're "better" so....
    Drop or stop dose without cutting down = Putting yourself into withdrawal so you feel awful so then you
    Go back to dose A and you feel bad because you're having all the original starting symptoms again..... So the cycle continues.

Again, I'm not trying to lecture you, just need you to understand why things may not be working for you right now....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi,
    Just wanted to check in. I am following psychiatrist/doctor advice re: my meds. I am allowing myself the time to sort things out & trying not to put pressure on myself. Pen is being wonderful, I am very lucky to have her. Doing some art and making some cows. Hope you are all ok x
    One day at a time ....😃

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Flo (22-10-21)

Well done, love
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Is this the psych you are seeing privately? What have they said re your meds?
    I'm so glad you have that support and the support of Pen!
    I love seeing all the cows you guys make!

The psych. has upped my Mirtazapine to 30mg. The plan is to try and drop the amitriptyline at night. These changes should make me more alert in the day.
    It's my birthday on Thursday so looking forward to celebrating with Pen and my family x
    One day at a time ....😃

Are you happy to stick with that long term and not make any changes until they say it's OK to do so?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (25-10-21)