Page 88 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of thriving

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    I am so exhausted and every muscle in my body aches (I know, some of you are thinking, welcome to my world)
    Absolutely not! I'd hate for anyone to deal with this kind of stuff....

I did a pile of ironing this morning and I'm worn out.
    I had a long zoom meeting and went out to take H to get her 2nd covid vaccine yesterday and we walked around a shop too. Today I'm in a flare and have been flaking all day. I've done some studying, but not a lot else at all! Really, really, don't beat yourself up! Ironing is exhausting! It's one of the reasons I don't do it.
    I'm actually beginning to wonder if I have a virus or something but I've no temperature. Dont think there will be much else done today. I feel ready for bed so dont think I'll try a swim. I thought about a walk but even the thought is making my legs ache more.
    Sorry I dont mean to whinge but it just sort of struck me that maybe some of how I'm feeling has a physical cause. I'm always quick to blame my MH.
    I really think that doing a covid test might be an idea as Paula suggests, but Stella is also right. You had that horrible experience with the psych and then been dealing with flashbacks etc and then having to go over it all with your psychologist.... Sweetheart, be kind to you. I think you're underestimating what a huge impact that blokes words have done to you.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Finally starting to feel like I have a bit more energy.
    I'm getting a bit more sleep, still a bit broken but more hours in total.
    I managed a swim today after my ceramics class , first time since last Friday. Was nice to be back in the pool!

I'm really worrying about my hubby.
    He hasn't been enjoying his job for a while but he has a new team lead for the past couple of months who is even worse. He was near in tears yesterday and today because of it.
    The thing is, he is so demoralised and lost all his confidence in himself so he is scared to leave. Also he doesnt have any qualifications....he has always worked with his hands so getting another job will be near impossible. He feels so trapped my heart breaks for him.
    I feel guilty for not having a job yet to ease the pressure on him. He is carrying the world on his shoulders and he is near breaking point. I just want to fix everything for him. He is so miserable and stressed and his mental health is starting to suffer quite a bit.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

He may not have qualifications but he obviously has skills. Perhaps he could test the water? Has he been with his company for long?
    Would he go to the doctors?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

What kind of thing is it he does?
    My big sister's hubby was in a similar boat, always worked with his hands, no qualifications - not even a city and guilds (so I was told) and he's started up his own handyman business and is doing really well. He's always busy! Could something like that work? It means that my bil can have no two weeks the same! Same as my little brother, although he has a level 3 in carpentry, he's started his own business and is turning work away. He put up the screens in the bar of several pubs, last week he was changing facias, he's done decking and is currently taken down my sisters conservatory and turning it into a proper extension for a bespoke kitchen.... Might be something to think about?

Walker extraordinaire!
    Yeah he used to be self employed a number of years ago but he isn't keen to do it again.
    A lot of it is confidence... also last time he was self employed I was bringing in a good wage so if he had a slack week it didnt matter so much... now it is a scary thought.

He is going to put out some feelers into the building industry again to see the level of work that is out there.

That's all fair enough. Love, you sound as if you are blaming yourself for him finding things tough.... Do not beat yourself up for not having a job right now...

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm trying. I'm also reminding him that we will always find a way through, whatever.

Exactly... You've weathered other storms together, you will this one too. You can do it, but you each have to be kind to you too...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (16-10-21)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Didn't sleep that well last night so I'm giving the centre a miss today, I'll catch up on some crochet instead. Will I manage to force myself up the road for a swim? Who knows.
    Its absolutely bucketing down here!!

I'm glad you're being kind to you lovely...
    Welcome to join us for coffee morning if you fancy...