Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of thriving

I could have ‘words’ with him if it’ll help . Seriously, love, the fact that you’re working to dust yourself off after what he put you through is huge. You’re an inspiration!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Can I come with Paula and have "words" with him too?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Can I come and watch Paula and Suzi lay into the dude. I’ve bring popcorn, we can share.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I could have ‘words’ with him if it’ll help . Seriously, love, the fact that you’re working to dust yourself off after what he put you through is huge. You’re an inspiration!
    Well this inspiration is struggling to put her feet on the floor today.
    Lying in bed, have a lot I could be doing but I have a real sadness on me which I'm struggling to shift.
    Yesterday morning Facebook memories threw up the tribute I wrote for my mums funeral, as I was reading it and feeling a bit tearful Ed Sheeran's Supermarket Flowers came on the radio..... I was a mess.

So today its happy music only, I need to sort out some crochet and I'm determined to force myself up the road for a swim. It's a half hour drive and some days it's the drive that I cant be bothered with.

So this is my get up call, I'm going to get moving, put clothes on and get coffee and breakfast!!
    I'll read all your threads later.... if I start now I'll still be here and I need to move.
    SM MOVE.... NOW.... UP!!
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Proves my point. Even when you’re sad, you push yourself….
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Totally agree with Paula (again....)

Walker extraordinaire!
    So I'm pleased to report I did get up and moving. I finished a crochet order and sorted out my order book and plans for upcoming orders.
    I went for a swim.... I only did 40 lengths today but that's ok.... I pushed myself to go and I feel better for it.
    I am a lot calmer this evening.

I was kind to me today, I needed it, it helped and I focused on what I actually needed, not others expectations.

I also reminded myself that as well as having a mental health issue I am also going through the menopause and mood swings are also a symptom of that so it has helped me not beat up on myself for 'not keeping a handle on my mental health' or feeling emotionally unstable.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Well done, lovely

I'm so proud of you!
    My friend started a fb group for menopause stuff if you wanted me to add you

Well done! That post is amazing!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (06-10-21)