Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of thriving

As someone who also takes responsibility for everyone else’s actions, I get how hard it is to shake that mindset.

I feel for you love....people like that shouldn't be in charge of animals let alone people who are hurting and looking for advice and encouragement to work towards a better quality of life. Tbh, like the others, I would put in a complaint or if you can't bring yourself to do that tell your usual consultant when you see him again. I did it in Scotland when there was a locum. He had me in tears by the time I left. I made a complaint and it shocked the practice manager and other doctors. Never saw him there again. I wonder if he'd have spoken like that to one of his family members? Complaining doesn't come easy to sensitive beings like us because we tend to think that everything that goes wrong is our fault! Well I do anyway! You are a much loved, helpful and loving member of the DWD team and never forget that. There are a lot of doctors that forget the first line of the Hippocratic oath....First Do No Harm.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Allalone (03-10-21),Jaquaia (06-10-21),Paula (03-10-21),Strugglingmum (03-10-21),Suzi (03-10-21)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thanks Flo. You really are the wisest woman I know.
    Love ya. X
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

She really is....

How are you doing today love?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    Thanks Flo. You really are the wisest woman I know.
    Love ya. X
    Coo! I wish!.....I make some really huge blunders at times. But thanks for the compliment. Hope you're feeling better today sweetheart.
    It's sunny here at the moment.....just right to take the sprout out for a walk! I expect I'll get another comment about him like: "'ere! where's the other 'alf of that dog?!" never mind eh? Less is more!.....well it has to be I suppose!xx

Walker extraordinaire!
    So I have to be honest and say the last few days have found me floundering badly and feeling completely all over the place.
    I'm getting up, doing my stuff etc but I am emotionally unstable. The joys of trauma and being triggered!
    However I'm managing to function but there are tears for no reason, I feel blue and finding it harder to find my joy. I know it's there, its just being veiled by my trauma brain. Really taking it hour by hour here and celebrating the little things. Heading for swim now which will hopefully settle my agitation and anxiety.

The positives being.... I know what is going on in my head, I know why and I also know that it will settle again with time and with me keeping doing the things that help and not giving up.

I am SO proud of you for talking about how you are feeling. Sweetheart you are amazing, but hunni anyone would struggle with what you've been through with that dr. When do you next see your psychologist? Can you call and ask her to call you back and tell her about it?

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thanks Suzi. I have an appointment next Monday, I'll be fine til then.
    I guess for me it just highlights that when you are already having a lot going on, it can take very little to send you spiralling. I am so thankful for the techniques I've been taught to help me recognize this and cope through it. I've come a long way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (04-10-21)

Hunni, do not dismiss this as something "very little." He completely wiped out all the effort that you have put in. He completely trivialised everything.
    I'm so proud of you for knowing that you have come such a long way, that's so important.

I wouldn’t say it was a little thing but it didn’t take much effort for him to hit you where it hurt. You have come a long way and that proves that therapy is working for you and you are using the techniques you’ve been shown so in a way I guess this negative encounter has proved him wrong. You’re just working at your own pace.