Page 82 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of thriving

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thanks love.
    Absolutely no ironing but I do have an appointment with my psychiatrist today... in person!!! Firat time he will have seen me in 2 years. It's been telephone appointments for the last while. Hoping he will see an improvement.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (30-09-21)

Wow! How did it go? Did you get through today safely?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'll talk about it tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit crap after it tbh
    But could just be that today was a tough day anyway

Why are you feeling crap about it love?

Walker extraordinaire!
    The consultant was running behind so I saw another member of his team which I honestly never mind anyway but I guess i just felt he didnt really get me.

He probably thought he was being encouraging but I just felt those feelings of inadequacy washing over me and not trying hard enough and not meeting expectations.
    As I said, maybe it wasnt the best day for me to have the appointment as I was a bit sad anyway but I didn't want to reschedule as dear knows when I'd have got another!!

You inadequate? Hunni, you are so far from inadequate! I think you're amazing!
    What kind of things did he say to make you feel like that?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Allalone (01-10-21),Strugglingmum (01-10-21)

To totally get those feelings. It’s like they set a bar of where they think you should be and you can only look up at it but not reach it. The thing is recovery looks different for everyone and as you know is never a straight road. Like you say, his intentions were probably good but that’s not a technique that works for you. For what it’s worth I think you are a strong person who is taking your own route to wellness. Yeah it might take you on a bit of a detour and be the long way there but you will get there. Consider it the scenic route and don’t forget to look around.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (01-10-21),Suzi (01-10-21)

I agree with Suzi. You are certainly not inadequate. You are bloody brilliant! To go to that appointment yesterday took guts. You so easily could have cancelled, which given what day it was, would have been ok to do. Try and take it easy today.xx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (01-10-21),Suzi (01-10-21)

Walker extraordinaire!
    One comment was
    "Gosh you've been in therapy quite a while, have you not learnt all the techniques yet to control your PTSD?"

I asked his opinion about my expectations for work again and whether I was being realistic
    His response.... there are army commanders who manage to command troops whilst having PTSD because they have learnt to control it... that's the point of you being in therapy to control your illness. Maybe you would be better doing a couple of hours volunteering each week if you're not controlling your symptoms.

You're emotionally unstable, you need to work harder at that and your flashbacks will not bother you the same.

I was actually quite traumatised by the appointment, it really triggered me but I'm better today. I was low this morning but I went to my ceramics class and played with clay and went for a good swim. It has helped alot.