Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of thriving

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Well done Io...(is that short for Iona?)....she won't know herself now she can drive. She'll be going everywhere. Good for her.
    Isn't Io one of Jupiter's moons (where did that come from) another thought it could be Iolanthe back on track I'm glad Io conquered her anxiety and passed her test now it'll be mum can I borrow your car I'm off out on the open road
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thanks everyone she is happy driving away in her wee red Fiesta.....and I'm a bit lost in the mornings now!!

In new big big news!!

We found one! A and I are just home from buying a van to convert to a camper. I'm so excited we finally found one, we've been looking for almost a year and increased our budget slightly but we are now the proud owners of a silver Ford Transit. I'm selling my wee car and we will have A's car and the van between us. Any money from my wee car will go into converting the van......or that's the plan.

I'll be surrounded by huge sheets of cardboard for a few weeks while we design our floor plan. First step is getting windows installed in the back. It will be a long process as we do bits as we can afford it but it will eventually be our own wee space to escape and enjoy
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Suzi (01-06-21)

what an amazing project to do together!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Adding Windows is the easy part. It’s gonna be a fab project. Will you be rolling your sleeves up and helping with the conversion?

Little red fiestas are fab. Welcome to club.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thank you both.
    I will do what I can and what A allows me to do!!

That's a VERY cool project! You must take lots of photos along the way!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (01-06-21)

Yes, lots and lots of pics. Before, during and after.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Eeeeks tomorrow morning is my sponsored paddle board event. I'm excited but a bit nervous too. I love to swim.....but in a pool. I love to walk on the beach by the sea but dont like getting in it. However I have lots of supporters coming to cheer me on...... or record me falling in....multiple times they hope!! A has put half a dozen deck chairs in the van......they really are taking spectating to the next level. Io wondered tonight if she should bring her popcorn!!

A paddle event sounds exciting! The sea is indeed a bit scary but you'll be fine - enjoy the event Lots of supporters sound amazing too!