Page 32 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of thriving

It’s no wonder you aren’t in a good place if you’re not taking your meds correctly.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm on a very small dose of Olanzipine.
    It's a very low dose which basically is to slow my brain down at night and to reduce nightmares.
    My psychiatrist knows I dont take it every night, only at the weekend. I need to be able to function as mum ...... that's an important part of my therapy too.... so he is agreeable to me managing it as I can. He would prefer me to take it every night to help me not have nightmares, sleep better and therefore help my mood but understands I need to strike a balance. Being too zonked to function in the mornings has a poor effect on my mental health too. Io is off for a week now so I'll be taking it every night this week.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

It'll be interesting to see whether your mood picks up this week....
    Are your nightmares bad atm?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    About usual. Some nights worse than others. I know the antipsychotic works and in an ideal world I would take it every night but as we know..... this is not an ideal world. My mood will be a bit better after a few days because I'll be sleeping deeper and not fighting a monster in my sleep.

How long till Io can take her driving test and drive herself?

Walker extraordinaire!
    No moves to open up testing here yet. I think it's on step 4......we areonly just edging on to step 2 of our exit plan

Can you not take take the meds an hour or two earlier? Would that help on weekdays? I know I was given a very low dose of amitriptyline to help with insomnia and it worked a treat but I was taking it at 9pm asleep by 11pm and I couldn’t drag myself out of bed much before midday and I was like the living dead til about 3pm so was only functioning for 6hrs a day. That was only 10mg!

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm very susceptible to a lot of meds. This knocks me out for 12 hours, thats not acceptable to me on a daily basis.
    We have worked out a way to help me get as best an outcome as possible that combines all my needs.
    No it's not ideal, but its workable

I love that you’re owning this!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree with Paula - it's brilliant that you know this, you're aware of this and most importantly that you've told your psych everything and told them that you aren't taking it every night. That's hugely important. I'm so proud of you!