Page 22 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of thriving

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm so proud (and a little shocked) that you are looking after yourself
    My day has been ok. Lots done, spent most of it with Io on the other side of the table, me crafting, her doing college work.
    She laughed at one point and commented how our roles had changed. She's busy typing away on the laptop, me...... I'm busy with the Prittstick and cardboard
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Suzi (01-03-21)

I think that's wonderful! What a great way to spend the lockdown? Spending time together!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    This week is definitely brighter than the last lot of weeks. I feel calmer and more together. I'm more productive and feel like I'm taking control.
    Before I started the WRAP course I was sceptical and even after the first week I was still a bit unsure but applying it is helping me a lot.
    Eg before I would have been slinking back into bed unmotivated and no desire to do much
    Today I was up, got Io out, came home, straight into yoga, a shower, washed and blow dried my hair, breakfast and psychology appointment. I have a Masaman curry bubbling away for tonight's dinner and I have a plan for today that feels good and more importantly, achievable. I'm not boasting but just shocked at the difference it's making.
    Applying the principles day in day out is helping to lift my mood as well.

We all know the saying, Its ok not to be ok...... I've had a bit added on the end,
    It's ok not to be ok, but dont get stuck.
    Its helping me to remember that each choice I make, no matter how I feel, will either help me fight or compound how I feel.

You're amazing! Well done lovely.
    Massaman curry NOM!
    It's so great that you're using what you've learnt to make a huge difference in your life.
    How was psychology?

Walker extraordinaire!
    Psychology was ok. She is pleased with the progress I'm making and how better I am at fighting intrusive thoughts and not reacting to them the way I used to and trying to live in between the flashbacks etc and not let them rule every moment...... ie fight for the good in between. She thinks I sound more positive and is proud of decisions and choices that I've made recently or actions I've put in place to protect me and my mental health.
    Actually she made me cry, I said something about 'I must be getting stronger'. She disagreed and said the strength was always there, that I am one of the strongest people she has met and that my strength and resilience is an inspiration to her. To have lived through what I had and be able to have built the life that I have and still care about others she thinks is rare and wonderful and shows such a strength of character.
    For someone who sees themselves as weak and not much good it really blew my mind.
    The big difference is I accepted it, I didnt question if she was just being nice or trying to encourage me, I just accepted it.

She's not wrong. You are an incredibly strong person. You see yourself as weak and not much good? Thing is that's the polar opposite of how I see you! You are strong, powerful, independent, hard working, kind, sweet, full of faith, full of love and a wonderful person to have come into my life! I mean every word... I'm struggling to see how you could ever think of you as weak or not good? Honestly, you have come through some horrific things and you've created a wonderful family with love and strength and laughter together. You're an awesome Mum and you volunteer and you've instilled the idea of volunteering in your children. You're amazing.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (04-03-21),Strugglingmum (03-03-21)

We’ve said it before, love. YOU ARE A WARRIOR!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (04-03-21),Strugglingmum (03-03-21)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thank you both that means alot

We're just calling it as we see it

Glad to hear that this week has been brighter for you Well done on getting so much done, now you deserve a relaxed evening! Your dinner choice sounds YUMMY!
    Well done on going to see your psychologist too and whilst I don't know her or you in person you truly seem like such a strong person - remember it's important to take step my step, you're doing so amazing

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly For This Useful Post:

Flo (04-03-21),Jaquaia (04-03-21)