Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of thriving

I’m glad you’re making the time to put your feet up. And that you’re recognising you need space to process psychology
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sweetheart, never underestimate how hard psychology is and I'm so glad you're giving yourself time to process. Have you talked over any of it with anyone?
    You're awesome and well loved, but if turning you pink was the right thing to do for you and your journey then that's great, all I ever want any of the team to do is put their needs first. It's why we have a large mod team - so people can take a break if needed.. There'll always be a space for you if you change your mind

Can you miss the meeting tonight?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Do you ever sit in a committee meeting and literally all you hear is blah blah. I spaced out for a while and then realised, crap, I'm secretary, I'm supposed to be writing this crap down.

I have to be up at 6 to take Io to work but I'm definitely coming home to bed again and then a day at home. I need space and time to think and gather myself up again. Everything is so raw I'm frightened to visit it again but I know I need to deal with it.
    My psychologist suggested setting aside a short time each day to do this and setting an alarm to signal the end.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

There is an app, i think it’s called worry time. The idea is when you have a thought pop up you log it in the app and schedule time for you to deal with anything you log so you can get on with your day. That’s the theory at least. Don’t know if that is helpful.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (10-02-21),Suzi (10-02-21)

Just look after yourself and concentrate on getting back on track.....you're much loved.

I'm so glad that you're going through things from psychology - it's really, really tough to do that and I'm so proud you are. Definitely signal the end and then get up and do something completely different. Can you plan something good for you for after?
    Well done for the self care of going back to bed.
    One step at a time, you're doing brilliantly.

Stella - haven't heard of that app, but that's a great idea.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (10-02-21)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (10-02-21),Strugglingmum (10-02-21),Suzi (10-02-21)

Thank you for that link, I’ve downloaded it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Just leaving a 'hi' here for everyone.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Hi, lovely, how are you doing?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (15-02-21)