Page 18 of 98 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of thriving

Or a canny collar? (It’s what we use for our two, recommended by the kennels)
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm grand thanks Flo.
    Over the years and with different mutts I have used every device known to man. At the end of the day she needs to learn not to pull and control herself. I have put a lot of training in (more to do) and yesterday was more my fault for not being aware of what Katie was eyeing up. She needs more socialization which I hope to be able to amend once lockdown is lifted.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

It's an easy thing to slip your concentration for a minute or two - especially with extra friendly dogs - we have the same issue with Crash. He just thinks that anyone and everyone he meets (inside or out) is there for him lol
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (25-02-21)

Opposite problem with Jax. Other than greyhounds, he hates every other dog. But Si is beginning to see results from training. It’s weird because he is the gentlest dog imaginable, but of course, with rescues, you don’t know what’s happened before...
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I had an incredible rescue dog called Bryn, he was a collie x GSD x Boxer (we think) and he was the kindest, gentlest dog. We had him when my nephews were young and the eldest was a softie while the younger one was more boisterous. when Bryn played with them he saved the rougher play for the youngest and was much calmer with the older one. He would stand watch over Robert when he cried as a baby and wouldn't leave his side until he stopped. Incredible dog and so sensitive but on a walk if he so much as saw another dog he turned into the devil's spawn. We were warned of his dislike of other dogs from the rescue. Apparently, when he first came to them he was fine with other dogs but over time I became totally antisocial with other dogs and had to be separated from every kennel mate they tried to put him with. he was like Jekyll and Hyde.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    It's an easy thing to slip your concentration for a minute or two - especially with extra friendly dogs - we have the same issue with Crash. He just thinks that anyone and everyone he meets (inside or out) is there for him lol
    Exactly Katie. Everyone is her friend and playmate in her head.

How are you today love?

Walker extraordinaire!
    Tbh I'm not doing very well but more important how are you doing lovely Suzi?

Want to talk about it? (Btw, thank you for telling us that)

I'm so proud of you for being honest. Want to talk? (I'm resting today!)