Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all

Reapy

Hello all

Hi all, I'm Reapy, I'm a single mum in Dorset. I work part time as a domestic cleaner/home help for vulnerable adults. I absolutely love my job, even though I'm self employed so I don't get any time off.

I have been diagnosed with depression, GAD, OCD (not related to the cleaning, although it does mean I spot tiny details that others might miss) and BPD (or EUPD if you prefer). It's not easy and I have some really bad days as well as some really lovely ones, I'm really looking for somewhere where people will understand if I need to vent or if I just need to sit quietly.

I am a natural carer and I tend to give way too much of myself and end up burning out, but I'm trying to address this.

I also really like sci-fi books and tv, terrible movies that are so bad they're good, alternative music (although most music is good depending on the mood). I do love going to cafe's and eating out too, but that's not happening any time soon lol

But yeah. that's me. Hi! *waves*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Hi and welcome
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Hi and welcome to DWD. Lovely to meet you! Have you spoken to your Dr about the way that you are feeling? Have you got any support around you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Reapy
    My doctor is aware of my diagnoses and stuff, although there's not really much they can do beyond medication and a long wait list for help. But I'm coping overall, more often than not anyway lol I have my partner in my support bubble and she's a great help, although she lives with and cares for her mother so we can't live together and really can't see each other in the evenings unless my small human is with her dad.

I can vent to her though, although she does struggle with how to deal with it.

*waves back* Hi and welcome! This really is a very friendly and supportive place to be, it’s lovely to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you better
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

It's great you have your partner to talk to lovely, but you know you can vent here too

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hi. Lovely to meet you. Sounds like you are a busy person.
    This is a safe friendly place and perfect for listening and venting.
    Did I pick up that you have a little one? What age? Are you having to homeschool at present?
    I love being out and a out too so yes lockdown is quite difficult in that.
    Anyway, feel free to join in the chat.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Reapy
    Yeah, I have a 10 year old daughter and we're part home schooling at the moment. She goes into school when I'm working and I managed to cram all my clients into 2 days of the week to limit the amount of time she has to spend at school.
    In a way the home schooling is more stressful than work because I can't even pop across the road for a pint of milk or help my partner when she's at home. We can't even go out for a walk for exercise until later in the evening. I feel more trapped with it than I did with the first lockdown. Unfortunately my daughter needs a set schedule and supervision with her work or she'll finish one task and wander off or we'll be still going through her subjects until 8-9pm. We did have one day when there was so much work for her to do and we'd left it until mid day to start so we could go food shopping that she didn't finish her work until 8pm. And that just left us both feeling awful.

One thing I have learned is that her teacher deserves all the wine lol

Hunni, If you/she is struggling with the home schooling contact your school. They should be able to help with taking some of the tasks off etc...

Reapy
    I know, I just worry about the school thinking I can't cope. Intellectually I know there will be no judgement, but my emotional brain is screaming "They'll call Social Services on you". So we plod along as best we can.