Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Getting to know the DWD members better!

I already feel so blessed, so I’d say that means I already have everything I’ve ever wanted
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm the luckiest person in the whole wide world. I'm loved and I love... The only thing I'd ever want is happiness for those I love.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    To be a mum. I love A and T like they're my own but it's not the same
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Ok, I have one for everyone.

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Long distance Clara from Pigeon Street...

Musical/Opera conductor + director

Music teacher - Which I actually did and loved.
    Last edited by Suzi; 15-02-21 at 11:45 AM.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

A teacher
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

When I was in primary school I wanted to be a Police Officer. In high school I wanted to be a mechanic. I still remember the careers adviser I spoke to asking me “wouldn’t you rather be a nurse?”. Yep, even in the 90s gender roles within the work place was acceptable and a girl shouldn’t strive to do the job of a man.

I never managed to achieve either goal but I did work within the motor trade when I left school just not in my preferred role.

I’ve got a question for Mike. Can you tell us a bit about your childhood?

I wanted to be a teacher. So I guess in normal times, I kinda am.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I’ve got a question for Mike. Can you tell us a bit about your childhood?
    Now that's a question it is so loooooonnnnnggggg ago, I spent a lot of time climbing trees (well there was no television) as far as school went used to like science and maths and remember walking to school a mile or so knee deep in snow and the school milk was frozen solid and ice had lifted the foil cap off the top of the 1/3 pint bottles. For lunch we had horrid shepherds pie and disgusting lumpy rice put and we paid a shilling (5p) approximately a day for the pleasure of consuming such culinary delights.

I loved bonfire night in my garden with a big bonfire and fireworks which I spent ll my pocket money on.

There used to be an annual fete on the village green where I used to consume large quantities of pop.

Couldn't wait for the Eagle comic to land on the mat wit Dan Dare and a cut out diagram of some car, plane etc with all the parts labeled.

Playing with Dinky toys proper die cast models not the modern plastic ones, playing with Meccano and a clockwork Hornby train.

To answer Jaq's question I wanted to be a TV engineer and for part of my working life I was it was a time when TV's used valves, transistors and IC's (silicon chips) were just coming in to to use in the TV trade colour TV's were just becoming available to the general public some sets still used the old 405 line system and we used to repair 495/625 line sets where you could switch between the two systems. Needless to say this was all analogue both for B/W and colour sets, remote control was just coming in to use and the circuitry was quite complex using discrete components and a few IC's mainly logic gates. Well I best stop there as I can see you all dozing off

SMum a question for you what was/is the best/loveliest/craziest/weirdest thing you ever crocheted?
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"