Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting to know the DWD members better!

Reapy
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    That's a great question, and we've other threads with those kind of questions in them, this was specifically linked to one of the days of happiness calendar challenge
    Ah, sorry, I hadn't seen that bit.

Not a problem! Have a look at some of the other fun and games threads as they have similar questions
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    So is Flo still thinking about the answer?

We need to give her a nudge. Feel free to ask a question while we’re waiting.

I've sent her a PM to point her in this direction

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    My question goes to Flo. What was your first paid job and if you could, would go back to doing it again?
    Sorry Stella....I never knew this thread existed until I got a nudge from Suzi! Well...my first paid job was as a typist in a Solicitors firm in Dublin when I was 17. I only lasted a day because it was like Scrooges office in A Christmas Carol!! It was literally Dickensian and it scared the living daylights out of me!! I lied to my parents when I got home and told them that the place didn't need me anymore.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Suzi (07-02-21)

So this question is for you Stella.....knowing your love of all things sporty, what sport did you participate in when at school and if more than one which was and is your favourite sporting activity?

I hated netball with a passion, but loved badminton and was asked to represent the school but I declined cos I didn’t think I was good enough. Athletics, especially the javelin, I had a pretty good throwing arm even if my technique wasn’t text book. Greatest achievement was a 3rd place in the district sports competition. Last but not least I loved playing Hockey. Once after a PE lesson I was asked if I could join the school team as they were short of players and it was a last minute thing. Again I didn’t believe in myself and it took my friends and other team members to talk me into doing it. I played in defence and I felt honoured to be selected. I still have a hockey stick in the shed. God only knows why lol.

Question for Magie. You do a lot of crafts. Which of your many creations are you most proud of and why?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (07-02-21)

Well that's interesting Stella...I still have my Indian head hockey stick but it's to beat off burglars! However I too loved Badminton and played it for exercise in Scotland. So in my estimation you're a damn good sportswoman...had a feeling you were.

I agree, sports was my most hated....