Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weighted Blankets

Hoorah! That's amazing!!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Allalone (23-01-21)

That’s fantastic )
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Allalone (23-01-21)

noura
    I suffer from depression and anxiety and it's always been the worst at night. After looking for insomnia cures one day I stumbled across the weighted blanket. Its basically a quilt with poly beads in each square. I made my own since they are super expensive. It took lots of time and cursing, but I did it all by myself. I felt very accomplished and I had a new thing to try. Needless to say it worked wonderfully. My sleep woes aren't completely cured, but I feel really safe and secure at night now.

I'm a stomach sleeper because I need the pressure on me which the blanket helps and also helps me sleep in a healthier position for my back. Restful sleep really helps with both the anxiety and depression. I take ambien about half as often.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to noura For This Useful Post:

OldMike (06-02-21)

noura
    Here is a list of best link removed as per DWD policy
    Last edited by Paula; 05-02-21 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Removed link

Apparently weighted blankets are not suitable for people with sleep apnoea or asthma/COPD or other respiratory conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by noura View Post
    I suffer from depression and anxiety and it's always been the worst at night. After looking for insomnia cures one day I stumbled across the weighted blanket. Its basically a quilt with poly beads in each square. I made my own since they are super expensive. It took lots of time and cursing, but I did it all by myself. I felt very accomplished and I had a new thing to try. Needless to say it worked wonderfully. My sleep woes aren't completely cured, but I feel really safe and secure at night now.

I'm a stomach sleeper because I need the pressure on me which the blanket helps and also helps me sleep in a healthier position for my back. Restful sleep really helps with both the anxiety and depression. I take ambien about half as often.
    Hi Noura, it’s good to meet you. I’ve removed the link in your other post as it’s DWD policy not to allow links until we get to know a new member better
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well done for making your own! That's way beyond my abilities!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Just an update. Home Bargains are doing weighted blankets 3kg 100cm x 150cm - £14.99

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Angie (09-06-21),Suzi (09-06-21)